Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Poor little babe, but sadly so common now with Staffs and crosses and yet there are still being loads and loads being bred and churned out by eejits with no idea just wanting to make a quick buck.
I do not like rules and regulations, but I think at least a temporary ban needs to be put on the breeding of them now except by proven responsible registered breeders and then the number of litters limited. Otherwise what hope is there for all the others who have gone past the cute puppy stage and are desperate for a loving home. Its spiralling out of control now, with too many of these beautiful dogs becoming victims.
i totally agree but i think its should be done with most breeds, not just staffs.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2009, 09:46 AM
95% of the dogs rehomed by the rescue I help with have been Staffie or staffie crosses this year & its hard work as some of the people who claim to want them as pets want them for fighting. Some won't take them when they find they are neutered as well. Being a small rescue with no kennels of our own we sometimes let males go before they are neutered but not with the staffie & staffiexs. Must average about one a week & during the whole year have not seen one with papers or any form of registration.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
95% of the dogs rehomed by the rescue I help with have been Staffie or staffie crosses this year & its hard work as some of the people who claim to want them as pets want them for fighting. Some won't take them when they find they are neutered as well. Being a small rescue with no kennels of our own we sometimes let males go before they are neutered but not with the staffie & staffiexs. Must average about one a week & during the whole year have not seen one with papers or any form of registration.
I think the fighting issue must be an issue with BDH too.....as I saw they turned alot of young men away.

Have to say whilst I was there though , I saw two rehomed with two older couples....so hopefully at least those two will live a happy ever after life xxxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I think the fighting issue must be an issue with BDH too.....as I saw they turned alot of young men away.

Have to say whilst I was there though , I saw two rehomed with two older couples....so hopefully at least those two will live a happy ever after life xxxxxx
Well that's a start hun. That's the kind of trend I like to see!
xx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Breaks my heart there are so many Staffords and Staffiord X's now that th "Stafford rescue's " have to double check the dogs are Staffs before taking them on there are so so so many..... .....being dumped between 8 months and 3 years seems to be the main ages (when they are boisterous) and need rules and people realise they are strong dogs and need sensible handling...or they are used for fighting/breeding then past on........or simply just got rid of.

The next Stafford I get after Sal (many years from now) will be a rescue...."if I pass the homecheck" I think I will just walk in and say "Who has been here the longest or is the most overlooked...." and take that one regardless of sex, age, colour.....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Breaks my heart there are so many Staffords and Staffiord X's now that th "Stafford rescue's " have to double check the dogs are Staffs before taking them on there are so so so many..... .....being dumped between 8 months and 3 years seems to be the main ages (when they are boisterous) and need rules and people realise they are strong dogs and need sensible handling...or they are used for fighting/breeding then past on........or simply just got rid of.

The next Stafford I get after Sal (many years from now) will be a rescue...."if I pass the homecheck" I think I will just walk in and say "Who has been here the longest or is the most overlooked...." and take that one regardless of sex, age, colour.....
your right. I saw a beautiful little girl black and white, and she was I am sure between 12 & 18 months.

They said she seemed trained and only been there a day, so I have my fingers crossed that she was just lost and her owners find her xxxxxxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post

You know, that's roughly what we did with Missy
Though the situation with Staffs is so heartbreaking, so very heartbreaking
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4