Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 12:40 PM

'My' lab going to a new home

Tassle and I have had a lab each from when they were 16 weeks just before Christmas last year.They belong to someone else and they wanted them trained.

The rest is a long story but we have been fighting to be allowed to rehome the dogs as we felt the situation they were destined for was not a good one.

On Thursday I heard that we could rehome them and my one, Mouton, is going today to a lovely family locally. We met yesterday and walked and talked and they are very sensible and will keep in touch.

They are thrilled to be having him and I know he will be better off with his own family to love but I feel really sad, he has been my baby and he is such a loving chap.

Tassles one is going for a walk tomorrow with a possible new owner---who knows him anyway. It will be so strange without them.

rune
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 01:22 PM
I have no doubt you are going to miss them, but well done on looking after them so well all this time and for preventing the undesirable situation.

Fingers crossed that 'Tassle's Lab' gets his new home.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Hopefully the feeling of pride you both have for giving those lovely labs the opportunity for a good future will help with the sadness.

I for one will miss seeing their pics.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 01:48 PM
You sound like you are doing this with a heavy heart but such good news that he is going to a good family, it sounds like you have worked hard to do right by Mouton and is going to be around locally so hopefully you will get to see him.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Fingers crossed , hope all works out well!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Aww Bless ya! Well Done to you both for looking after them

As you say, the new owners are lovely, and will keep in touch with you x
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 03:00 PM
You'll miss them loads but you are doing a good thing for them and hopefully will still see them round and about when they'll have a special welcome for their former Mum.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 03:59 PM
His new home is about a 1/4 mile from the sea/river on a private drive which becomes a footpath. Next to a a national Trust property. Lovely garden well fenced and huge bed in the front porch waiting for him. Both kids had a present for him and he did his best to hold both of them whilst going to the shed with the kids to look at their bikes. Bless him, he never blinked when they started riding them.

They were going to take him down to the beach this afternoon.

They are leaving the door to his bedroom open at night and seem to think he will end up in the boys room (they are 3 1/2 year old twins).They seem cool with that which is nice.

He couldn't have done any better. I am so happy for him.

rune
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 08:50 PM
aw, that must be so sad for you. sounds like they will be going to great homes though, where they will be loved