View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 09:57 AM
I am so sorry to read this and went through exactly the same thing with our little Havanese dog last year. We however knew she was a ill (she was a tiny 1oz puppy hand reared and not expected to live by the breeder), when we decided to care for her however, it still came as an awful shock when we were told and she became so ill so quickly that she was PTS as the only humane option advised by the vet.

The positive thing was that she had a short but very happy life and we now have a foundation set up in her name to help other less fortunate dogs which gives me some comfort. I sincerely hope for a better outcome for you but fear from what you've put 'the bad breath, passing urine all of the time and Trinity's readings were off the scale too.

Really hoping for you here...
andrianna
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I'm absolutely devastated. Loki has been diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. He has been referred to a specalist in Liverpool for a biopsy, but the vet suspects that he may have been born with it. Best case scenario is prescription diet and lots of meds. Just got to wait and see if anything can be done. Aside from his grumpyness lately, he seems so well, but the vet said he had never seen such bad results in a dog that was still walking around. I'm just gutted to think we may lose our baby at three years old.
Hello,
your story sounds so familiar to me. my dog is 3 years old, big size.He was a stray puppy when I found him 3 years ago wandering around in a bad condition. 6 months ago he did the ultarsound, it showed that one kidney is destroyed and the other is atrophic. So he was diagnosed with kidney failure, stage 3 ( 3.5-4 creatinine) and he started to eat a specific dry food, Ω3, pill for pressure and saline iv 600 ml every day . Last month, the results worsened (creatinine 5) and the vet told us to reduce the dry food and to give him broccoli, sweet potato, rice, carrots and saline iv 300 ml day after day although after a week cretinine increased to 6 ! Please can u give any advice about this susbject? What happened with your dog? My dog looks so happy, running, swimming without having any negative symptom anymore, how is this possible?
Thank you in advance
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2016, 04:09 PM
So sorry about what happen to Loki! I know how you feeling right now, I've read some articles about kidney failure and I found this ow phosphorus dog food even if it's acute or chronic it seems to be helpful to all the dogs that have kidney failure hope it can helped you. I pray for you and Loki think positive he will getting better soon.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6