View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

08-10-2004, 10:40 PM

Bl**dy Phoebe

Only growled and snapped at me when I was giving her a fuss earlier - and its not the first time either - so she's had a clout around the chops and gone to her bed. Am not happy.

Can't understand it - she's a submissive dog, does what she's told, loves fuss - but theres a touch of unprecitability about her. Its a worry.

Any thoughts anyone? She's 2 and spayed.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-10-2004, 11:23 PM
She could be in pain about something?
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2004, 01:05 AM
Gosh,

Thats unusual for a Dane one of mine used to occasionaly snap at the OH, could it be that she was possibly trying to assert dominance over you?
As this was the case with our AB. Also would go along with what Eraze mentioned. Hope you can get her sorted out, good luck with her.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2004, 06:46 AM
How long ago was she spayed? Had she not been spayed would this grumpiness coincide with her next expected season?
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 07:02 AM
Im sorry chloe, it must be a worry for you, i would speak to your vet rule out the possibility shes in pain?? as the others had said

good luck
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

09-10-2004, 09:21 AM
I think it may be her ear - but we only recently had it checked, so I just don't know.

She growled before to Mollie but we dismissed it as a mistake because Willis was near and Mollie had a telling off for putting her face near her. Problem is that we forget because Willis is SO fussy and he insists on putting his face next to yours to be kissed and he loves it - he holds his face there for hours if he can! So its hard for us to remember when she's so loving in every other way.

She's defintiely not dominant - she is very obediant, she does what she's told. She's a perfect dog - other than this. Its really upset me. Have never ever had a dog go for me before.
benjis mam
Dogsey Junior

09-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Benj goes for us now and again for no apparant reason, usually if we are all sitting together and we think he feels squashed, he then is very loving and wants to be cuddled. Its very upsetting but we think it must be something in his past kicking in. we wish we cut put a stop to it but our only action to date is to move our arm etc quicker than him.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 04:44 PM
chloes i was gonna say ears!our poppy got v ratty and it turned out to be an ear probs, so she didnt want us to stroke her ears!! I hope shes ok soon!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Chloe I would gently check over every inch of Phoebe..it does sound like a pain problem Would certainly get it checked out, if there is an injury of some kind poor Phoebe could inadvertently snap at one of the children.