register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Trouble is offline  
Location: Romford, uk
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,264
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
13-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sorry, but they're sooooooo last year - apparently!!!! It's got to be the Toyota now - apparently!!! Apart from the Porche of course that can be worn at any time!!!
No sorry amazons had they're day up here about 5 years ago or more, hardly ever see one these days
Reply With Quote
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Trouble is offline  
Location: Romford, uk
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,264
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
13-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
who me ?
Sorry no, that was for Helen
Reply With Quote
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Malady is offline  
Location: Here !
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,681
Female 
 
13-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Sorry no, that was for Helen
Oh cool
Reply With Quote
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Colin is offline  
Location: East Sussex
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,206
Male 
 
13-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Well for all those that moan about what a 4x4 does to the planet, well let me put your mind at rest.

My 2006 Range Rover Sport does between 14 mpg around town and 19 mpg on the motorway, whereas my 1990 Daimler 4.0Lt XJ40 will only do between 12 mpg around town and 18 mpg on the motorway, but if I put it into sports mode around the town then I can easily drop down into single figures.

The Range Rover also takes up less room on the roads as it is only 4,788mm long, whereas my Daimler is 4,856mm long, and the emissions are lower in the Range Rover than the Daimler. So all in all the Range Rover comes out on top in this household, but I still love my Daimler never the less.

If in the worst case scenario you were involved in an accident, what would you rather be in. A full sized car or 4x4 or a piddle little car like either a KA or Micra. I know which I prefer as I own them already.
Reply With Quote
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Malady is offline  
Location: Here !
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,681
Female 
 
13-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Well for all those that moan about what a 4x4 does to the planet, well let me put your mind at rest.

My 2006 Range Rover Sport does between 14 mpg around town and 19 mpg on the motorway, whereas my 1990 Daimler 4.0Lt XJ40 will only do between 12 mpg around town and 18 mpg on the motorway, but if I put it into sports mode around the town then I can easily drop down into single figures.

The Range Rover also takes up less room on the roads as it is only 4,788mm long, whereas my Daimler is 4,856mm long, and the emissions are lower in the Range Rover than the Daimler. So all in all the Range Rover comes out on top in this household, but I still love my Daimler never the less.

If in the worst case scenario you were involved in an accident, what would you rather be in. A full sized car or 4x4 or a piddle little car like either a KA or Micra. I know which I prefer as I own them already.
Exactly. Why do people think they are bigger, when they are just taller ? Are people's 'space' perceptions so bad these days ?
Reply With Quote
jenny tamworth
Dogsey Junior
jenny tamworth is offline  
Location: tamworth
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 20
Female 
 
13-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Exactly. Why do people think they are bigger, when they are just taller ? Are people's 'space' perceptions so bad these days ?
so the average size 4x4 is the same size as the average size car then, must be my space perception
Reply With Quote
jenny tamworth
Dogsey Junior
jenny tamworth is offline  
Location: tamworth
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 20
Female 
 
13-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Well for all those that moan about what a 4x4 does to the planet, well let me put your mind at rest.

My 2006 Range Rover Sport does between 14 mpg around town and 19 mpg on the motorway, whereas my 1990 Daimler 4.0Lt XJ40 will only do between 12 mpg around town and 18 mpg on the motorway, but if I put it into sports mode around the town then I can easily drop down into single figures.

The Range Rover also takes up less room on the roads as it is only 4,788mm long, whereas my Daimler is 4,856mm long, and the emissions are lower in the Range Rover than the Daimler. So all in all the Range Rover comes out on top in this household, but I still love my Daimler never the less.

If in the worst case scenario you were involved in an accident, what would you rather be in. A full sized car or 4x4 or a piddle little car like either a KA or Micra. I know which I prefer as I own them already.

pleased you are doing your bit for the enviroment with both of your cars
Reply With Quote
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Malady is offline  
Location: Here !
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,681
Female 
 
13-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by jenny tamworth View Post
pleased you are doing your bit for the enviroment with both of your cars
The fart from Cows (in their squillions here) produce more harmful gases, then the amount of cars in the UK

Boycott the Government about that
Reply With Quote
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Trouble is offline  
Location: Romford, uk
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,264
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
13-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Environmental Comparison of Modern Vehicles
Vehicle MPG CO2 per Km
Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 51.4 149
Ford Galaxy 1.9 Tdi LX 42.8 178
Toyota Corolla 1.6 VVT-I T3 40.4 168
Toyota Rav4 2.0 D-4D XT2 39.8 206
Nissan X-trail 2.2 dci 136 Se 39.2 190
Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 Crtd Gsi 37.2 202
Land Rover Freelander 2.0 Td4 37.2 205
Renault Espace2.2dci Priviledge 36.7 206
Peugeot 307 2.0 16v Xsi 35.8 188
Mini one 1.6 Cooper S 3dr 33.6 202
Ford Focus 2.0i Zetec 33.1 207
BMW X5 3.0d Sport 4x4 32.8 229
Jeep Cherokee 2.5 CRD Ltd 31.4 250
BMW Z4 3.0i SE 31 221
Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 30.1 226
Land Rover Discovery TD5 30.1 262
Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8 crd 29.4 0
Porshe Boxter 2.7 29.1 233
Ford Mondeo 3.0 Ghia X 27.4 247
Jaguar XJ8 4.2 SE Auto 26 264
Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX Sti 25.4 265
Lexus GS300 Se Auto 4dr 24.3 281
Rolls Royce Phantom 6.75 20 385




There are several 4x4 that are more environmentally friendly than cars such as the mini and the focus and they are both extremely common vehicles
Reply With Quote
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Hevvur is offline  
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,648
Female 
 
13-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I own a 4x4.
I live in a terrace, right near a school, in a town near a city!
I only own 1 dog, don't pull a trailer or horsebox!
I drive up and down the motorway every day!

My household has 1 car.
My next door neighbours have 3!!!



I love my 4x4
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top