register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
nero is offline  
Location: central scotland
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4,637
Male 
 
26-12-2007, 10:21 PM

When will Scotland be independent ?

Last week the Scottish parliament voted to ban all air rifles in Scotland, great news who the hell needs an air rifle anyways, a few years ago a toddler in Glasgow was killed by one.

However Westminster has vetoed the ban, the English parly still has the power to do this,

If we had independence the ban would have been enacted and it would've stopped idiots firing these weapons at any target they choose to select.
Reply With Quote
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Mahooli is offline  
Location: Poodle Heaven!
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,297
Female 
 
26-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I ish they were banned also, or certainly given the same restrictions as any other gun.
Becky
Reply With Quote
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
boobah is offline  
Location: central scotland
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,918
Female 
 
26-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I have to agree with you there,kids soooo often get their mitts on them too easy.
I also would love a ban on fireworks too though,xxxxxxx
Reply With Quote
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Malady is offline  
Location: Here !
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,681
Female 
 
26-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I agree, my cousin was shot in the leg by one as a child, by a local boy who pinched his dads air rifle for fun !! It's no fun when youre an adult let alone a child, and children shouldnt be in danger of these morons that want guns of any kind IMO !!
Reply With Quote
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
petebren is offline  
Location: Cumbria
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,841
Female 
 
26-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Living in tghe Borders whould be difficult if Scotland became independant, love being together, however think if it happened would consider moving to Gretna or that area as feel it would be best
Reply With Quote
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Phil is offline  
Location: Perthshire
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,027
Male 
 
26-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Not long if Europe continues to try and weaken any 'other' unions that exist across Europe and do everything they can to pave the way for that little egomentalist (Salmond) to spread his xenephobia.
Reply With Quote
Losos
Dogsey Veteran
Losos is offline  
Location: Suffolk, England
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,072
Male  Silver Supporter 
 
27-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
to pave the way for that little egomentalist (Salmond) to spread his xenephobia.
Can we take it then that you don't much like the guy
Reply With Quote
nero
Dogsey Veteran
nero is offline  
Location: central scotland
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4,637
Male 
 
27-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Not long if Europe continues to try and weaken any 'other' unions that exist across Europe and do everything they can to pave the way for that little egomentalist (Salmond) to spread his xenephobia.
A quote from the BBC political correspondent 2 weeks ago Phil, " Alex Salmond is the only true international statesman in the Scottish parly, he's well respected internationally, the rest are a bunch of political nonentities ".
Reply With Quote
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Colin is offline  
Location: East Sussex
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,206
Male 
 
27-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I personally would have no problem with Scotland becoming independent on the grounds that all Scottish MP's had to leave the English parliament and stop interfering in the way we want to run our country.

It really gets on my wick that Scottish MP's can sit in Westminster, but English MP's can't sit in Holyrood.

You take the MP for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath (Yes please) who happens to be Gordon Brown. He's an MP for a Scottish constituency, but he's still the PM.

Dennis the biggest problem Scotland is going to have trying to get full independence will be getting all those MP's to give up their sits and move out of Westminster and their cosy little London flats which help to pay for.
Reply With Quote
nero
Dogsey Veteran
nero is offline  
Location: central scotland
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4,637
Male 
 
27-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I personally would have no problem with Scotland becoming independent on the grounds that all Scottish MP's had to leave the English parliament and stop interfering in the way we want to run our country.

It really gets on my wick that Scottish MP's can sit in Westminster, but English MP's can't sit in Holyrood.

You take the MP for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath (Yes please) who happens to be Gordon Brown. He's an MP for a Scottish constituency, but he's still the PM.

Dennis the biggest problem Scotland is going to have trying to get full independence will be getting all those MP's to give up their sits and move out of Westminster and their cosy little London flats which help to pay for.
I agree with you 100% Colin, we have a 2 tier government system in the UK, this is why the English MP's blocked the air-gun ban up here, how on earth can an MP based in London look after his constituents in Scotland.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top