register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Krusewalker is offline  
Location: dullsville
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,241
Male 
 
11-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

NC is annoying me tremendously. He has a power hungry expression now and seems to be enjoying holding the country to ransom.

how do you work that out?
he just negotiated a stable coalition gov with the tories

I think a referendum on PR is a fair offer at this stage and think Conservative are the only party who are behaving professionally and maturely throughout this whole fiasco.

they arent offering a referendum on PR.
they are offering a referendum on AV.
to which,i understand, the lib dems have accepted?

What saddens me is that we are in this state because of a lot of wasted votes.

wasted? which ones? how come?

It's become clear that people have voted tactically, they have voted for the wrong reasons and they have voted cowardly.

thats a bit of a sweeping presumptious generalisation.

We are now in this mess because of those wasted votes.

no, we arent in a mess.
we are simply in a new phase of political consensus culture which, like anything new and strange, we cant get our heads around.
this kind of compromise negotiated gov is pretty de rigeur in europe and elsewhere, people regard it as fine.
we will get used it the same, especially if we get reform.

'the mess' was what came before.
2 old not very democratic dinosaurs playing ping pong with the country.

but if you mean we are in 'this situation', then we here because corrupt and distant politicians had so disillusioned all of us that we didnt feel any of them worthy of complete control, so, in essence, we voted against all of them and the old decaying system.
that isnt wasteful, that was bound to happen eventually.
if we were french, we would have been on the streets.
being british, we did the quiet polite thing.

Anyone who has not voted solely for their belief in a party's policies has wasted their vote.
so do you mean they anyone that chose a party other than the big 2 didnt actually believe in them?

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
So much for Nick Clegg, he hated the Tories, what the hell is going on?
.
thats overstating it.
he is on the pragmaitc right of the lib dems.
he isnt that purist or tribalist.


Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I don't think DC is going to be a Saviour - and setting him up that way will only lead to disappointment - but hopefully it will be a change for the better.
not a saviour, but a good restart.

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I agree with you, Azz. I feel sad for him, too. I think he's a decent man
.

sad for GB. ummmmm................. nah


Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I did feel sorry for him too.

I think people have forgotten he was Blairs scape goat 3 years ago.

the opposite was true.
he forced blair's hand to resign so as to honour this famous granita deal.
dont forget also, when he was chancellor, unlike other chancellors, he had the role as 'dual prime minister'.
so economic probs now track back to him, more so than bliar
Reply With Quote
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Jackie is offline  
Location: UK
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,122
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
12-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Actually quite sad seeing Brown go now - he's a decent bloke with a good heart, just doesn't have the pizazz a PM needs in this day and age unfortunately.
Do you know him personally to have come to that judgement..its funny how people can suddenly be sorry for someone when his chips are own...GB has crippled this country... thats not the working of a decent bloke!!!

Personally decent is the last thing I would call him,. he has had for yrs a reputation of beign a bully in power, and know he has gone it seems the stories are coming out from his members mouths of his tyranny and stubbornness and bullying tactics... (heard it on the radio this morn) but then we all got a glimpse of it .. with his comments on that "bigoted woman" thats the real GB... and lets not forget the state he has managed to get the Country into..albeit , not all on his own!!

Glad to see the back of him!!!!!!!!!!


Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Not too sure what you mean?

Heath took us into the EU (EEC) 1973 after a public referendum.

thatcher did indeed refuse to join the single currency and other aspects of the EU..

Lets not forget that Maggy did do some good, she fought a good battle and won to get the UK a massive rebate from the UE.... but all to no avail, as the Labour party has never bothered to follow it up to claim it....


Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yeah, Brown has gone Yayyyy, woop, woop, but brace yerselves, it's gonna be a rough ride now!!!

No more ridiculous handouts for people to sit on their a*ses just coz they don't want to work, this lot will sort them out that's for sure! No more 13 yr olds having kids coz they get a council house (I hope!) I hope NIck Glegg has got what he wants though for people earning the 10K and below, no more taxes for them. Close the door on immigration maybe, except for those who are willing to work!

Let's get everybody off their a*se and working again like it was in my younger days, help new businesses, help people who are willing to work, and let there be more opportunies FOR people to work instead of this don't bother coz we get more from the Government briggade! Hallelluyah!!!!

Agree Helena... a new era , lets get on and give it a chance

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I'm sad for Scotland. I just hope this isn't Maggie Thatcher Part Two.


Why would it be, is DC a clone of MT, he is a different man, in a different time, why would he follow her policies.


As for Nick Clegg and immigration, he wants an amnesty on it, he wants to keep them all here and bring more of them in! It's only going to get worse now, IMO.
How do you know that?????? you are assuming that he has been given this policy in the merge......... you dont know that and until we do, then its pointless saying the above!!
Reply With Quote
Azz
Administrator
Azz is offline  
Location: South Wales, UK
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,570
Male 
 
12-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Do you know him personally to have come to that judgement..
No more or less than you to say decent is the last thing you'd call him

Funny how it's ok for some to pass judgement and not others.
Reply With Quote
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline  
Location: Dogsey and Worcestershire
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 49,472
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
12-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Personally decent is the last thing I would call him,. he has had for yrs a reputation of beign a bully in power, and know he has gone it seems his the stories are coming out from his members mouths of his tyranny and stubbornness and bullying tactics... (heard it on the radio this morn) but then we all got a glimpse of it .. with his comments on that "bigoted woman" thats the real GB... and lets not forget the state he has managed to get the Country into..albeit , not all on his own!!

Glad to see the back of him!!!!!!!!!!
I agree JB when I look at GB the words self serving and false spring to mind and I will be delighted to see the back of him .He has continued to behave like a petulant child right to the end even going to see the Queen to tender his resignation in what looks to me like an attempt to steal the limelight before the formal announcement of the coalition deal was made .

The new shared grouping can't make a worse job of things than GB and co and with a bit of luck will do much better though they have been handed a poisoned chalice in the form of the huge debt crisis which wouldn't be nearly so bad if Labour hadn't taken us into two unnecessary wars and handled the economy better in the first place.
Reply With Quote
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Westie_N is offline  
Location: West of Scotland
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,034
Female 
 
12-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
No more or less than you to say decent is the last thing you'd call him

Funny how it's ok for some to pass judgement and not others.
I agree with this. Was thinking the same thing myself.
Reply With Quote
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Westie_N is offline  
Location: West of Scotland
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,034
Female 
 
12-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Do you know him personally to have come to that judgement..its funny how people can suddenly be sorry for someone when his chips are own...GB has crippled this country... thats not the working of a decent bloke!!!

Personally decent is the last thing I would call him,. he has had for yrs a reputation of beign a bully in power, and know he has gone it seems the stories are coming out from his members mouths of his tyranny and stubbornness and bullying tactics... (heard it on the radio this morn) but then we all got a glimpse of it .. with his comments on that "bigoted woman" thats the real GB... and lets not forget the state he has managed to get the Country into..albeit , not all on his own!!

Glad to see the back of him!!!!!!!!!!





Lets not forget that Maggy did do some good, she fought a good battle and won to get the UK a massive rebate from the UE.... but all to no avail, as the Labour party has never bothered to follow it up to claim it....





Agree Helena... a new era , lets get on and give it a chance



How do you know that?????? you are assuming that he has been given this policy in the merge......... you dont know that and until we do, then its pointless saying the above!!
I knew this was your post when I opened the e-mail.

Re. your last sentance, you will notice that I said IMO it's going to get worse, just as it is yours that it is not. But then, I wouldn't say that was rubbish as I know that's your opinion. I hope I'm wrong and that they do give us a good service, but I won't get my hopes up.

It seems some people seem to think some aren't allowed opinions and others are here, yet again. Certainly seems this way with you. However, I fully expect you to say that statement is utter rubbish as well, as you do.
Reply With Quote
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Jackie is offline  
Location: UK
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,122
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
12-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
No more or less than you to say decent is the last thing you'd call him

Funny how it's ok for some to pass judgement and not others.

Not really my opinions are based on what he has done while in office now and with TB... it is also based on facts he bullish behaviour and the state of the Country!!


When someone says

he's a decent bloke with a good heart,
That's a little more than a general opinion, thats why I wondered how you come to the conclusion he is decent and has a good heart... we can all pass judgement , be it for what ever reason... mine comes from what has been going on in the country for the last decade, I just wondered how you come to see him as a decent bloke with a good heart..when many see him as nothing like!!



Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I knew this was your post when I opened the e-mail.

Re. your last sentance, you will notice that I said IMO it's going to get worse, just as it is yours that it is not. But then, I wouldn't say that was rubbish as I know that's your opinion. I hope I'm wrong and that they do give us a good service, but I won't get my hopes up.
Did I say that, ?? I dont think I did, I said, until the details come out we dont know that the Tories have conceded on that point , or any points.. so in fact is not just my opinion,(rubbish or otherwise) it was based on "not knowing " NOT "assuming I knew"

You stated that

As for Nick Clegg and immigration, he wants an amnesty on it, he wants to keep them all here and bring more of them in! It's only going to get worse now, IMO

You said ,its going to get worse, because of the LB manifesto (IYO), I simply asked you how you know that,


How do you know that?????? you are assuming that he has been given this policy in the merge......... you dont know that and until we do, then its pointless saying the above!!
Opinions come in all shapes and sizes, some are based on facts, some prejudice , many reasons really, not sure who said some can voice them and some cant, but as always ALL will be challenged!!


Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
It seems some people seem to think some aren't allowed opinions and others are here, yet again. Certainly seems this way with you. However, I fully expect you to say that statement is utter rubbish as well, as you do.
Mmmmmmmmm, if you say so,
Reply With Quote
Azz
Administrator
Azz is offline  
Location: South Wales, UK
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,570
Male 
 
12-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I just wondered how you come to see him as a decent bloke with a good heart..
In the same way as:

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
...when many see him as nothing like!!
Do you get the hypocrisy in what you're saying? Why are YOU allowed to pass judgement on him and not us?
Reply With Quote
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Pidge is offline  
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,374
Female 
 
12-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I can't properly reply to your post because you've put questions in a quoted post.

I made this post ages ago, so some of it isn't entirely relevant. If you need a specific response ask me some questions and I'll gladly answer them.

Sorry, that was to KruseWalker, but doesn't show up for some reason.
Reply With Quote
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Lynn is offline  
Location: March, Cambridgeshire.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 32,644
Female  Gold Supporter 
 
12-05-2010, 03:18 PM
None of us actually know GB personally do we ?

How you feel about him is your opinion I do not like DC I think he looks like his mum has spit on her hanky and polished his face before going out. But I cannot make sweeping remarks saying I know thats what happens because I don't and he is probably a very nice person.

Everything you have heard about GB is through the media and if we all believed what the papers said all the time it would be a sad world. I know this information about him being a bully has come from inside his office again how do we know for sure its true lets face it their is always someone and normally the boss we do not like.

I know nothing personally about anyone in the previous goverment or in this one I am prepared to sit back and hope this coalition will work although personally I am not happy about it being Con/Lib coalition but I hope I am more understanding about peoples personal beliefs and followings.

Tis done now we have to get on with it whether we agree with it or not or whether we like the people concerned or not as I said I know none of them personally and tend not too believe everything I read in the papers or hear on the news.

We tend not too spend our money on the papers as you never whether half of it is true.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 9 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top