Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Another ruck in Sainsburys!

What is it with me and Sainsbury's I wonder!!! Went in there yesterday and noticed on the butchery counter they had Aberdeen Angus Sirloin reduced from £17.99 kg. to £13.99, and because I usually buy this anyway as a roasting joint, I thought I'd get a couple as they were on special. I asked the young lad if they had a whole one in the sealed pack, and he had to ask this other bloke who I hadn't seen behind the counter before, and he replied "it's there in the counter". So we both looked down and there was only this small piece about 2" across, so I asked again, did he have any out the back in the big fridge where they usually got one for me (please! yes I did say please!!!)He replied "no"! So I then said, "are you sure you haven't got any in that fridge there (I pointed to it through the back! )you usually do" and again he just said "no". I then said "ok. you've got a great big sign splashed right across the meat counter stating this marvellous special offer, and yet you haven't got any" to which he replied "I have, it's there in the counter" so I retorted back "yes, but that's only a small 2" across piece, equivalent to 2 steaks!!!!" Before I walked off, I told him what good business sense he had, to have something on special offer (it wasn't on the day before either, I do know that!)but not have any to actually offer people!!!!! Grrrrrr. If I wasn't short of time, I would have gone to customer services and got someone to make him look in that bl**dy fridge out the back!!! I've got a thing about Sainsbury's at the moment, I might have to go elsewhere!!! I wonder if Asda would put up with me!!!!

I might make a point of going back in there tomorrow, coz I can't let this one lie!!!! I'm like that!!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 06:24 PM
The lazy little sod , All he had to do was go look , if i was you H id go back every day for a week just to rile the lazy litle git , So much for the customer is always right and get satifaction think though aftrer a week of harrasment you will need to shop at asda xxdk
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Don't blame you one bit H.

If he really didn't have any, there are ways of explaining....he just sounds like he couldn't be bothered.

I would definitely go & complain. I thought JS was supposed to be about quality, which should mean decent service.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 06:40 PM
I knew you'd take my side!!! When I told Dave of course, he just said, well he probably KNEW he didn't have any in that other fridge coz he'd just been in it or something! Not good enough I said! He could at least have said that bit, or gone and looked, it's only 3 metres away from where he was!!!! At least I keep my dear old Mum amused when I come out of there and tell her about my antics! Lol! She has a good laugh at me she does!!!

Nope! I'm going back in there first thing tomorrow morning, and let's just see what he has on the counter, and if he's STILL got that blooming special offer on, and doesn't have any, then customer services here I come!! I'm going to them anyways coz I want to get him into trouble for his lack of customer service skills!!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Ooh I'd love to be a fly on the wall tomorrow that's the trouble with these big companies, people don't complain enough so they get away with it, I'm afraid the day of the customer always being right seems a dim and distant memory, years ago he would have been fired for speaking to you that way
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 07:22 PM
That's one thing I love about my local Tesco's, if there's anything that isn't on display, the butcher will check in the back if I ask

One day H, I'm going to have to come shopping with you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't think that would be a wise move Wolfie!!!!! Especially if it were shoe shopping coz I'm one of those awful people who ask for ALL the shoes from out the back, then say "no, I think I'll leave it" and leave her to put them all back again! LOl!

The thing is, this is a special butchery counter in the store, not the stuff prepacked on the shelves, and I think it's sort of franchised out to the butcher. Obviously this man wasn't the boss, he was just a bloke working on it. If I have my way though, he won't be working on it for long! Lol! They have a fish one, a deli one which sells all Chinese and Indian - they're next on my hit list too!!!! If they don't have something I want, the girl is always very nice and looks in all the cupboards for me and then tells me they haven't got it, that's fine by me, but to NOT bother to look - that isn't fine by me, can yer tell!!!!!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I don't think that would be a wise move Wolfie!!!!! Especially if it were shoe shopping coz I'm one of those awful people who ask for ALL the shoes from out the back, then say "no, I think I'll leave it" and leave her to put them all back again! LOl!
I'm sure I can go and grab a coffee somewhere while I wait
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 07:47 PM
..... but make sure it's not in the Sainsbury's coffee shop, or you might end up getting involved in another ruck!!!!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
..... but make sure it's not in the Sainsbury's coffee shop, or you might end up getting involved in another ruck!!!!!
I'll just sit back and watch you
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >