View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cclpegs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I think if i didn't celebrate the small victories I'd go bonkers!!!
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2012, 03:06 AM
OP glad you are getting there with your pup, it does take time, my GSP is now 10 months and is just getting good at walking on a loose leash, last month I was beginning to think he would never get it! lol And I started his leash training from day one.

For Narka I will just give you this video since you only want to listen to "real" dog trainers (even though many on here are just that!) and watch videos so you can have a look at this one. A video by a professional dog trainer, who is on TV as well.
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I am afraid I haven't got around to reading all the pages on this thread yet but I'd like to give the OP a huge thumbs up for all the work you are doing with your lab!
You may only be seeing small progress now but in a few weeks you will be amazed at how far you have both come.

Thanks for the utube link to Zak George, I hadn't heard of him until very recently. My kids love his tv show on CBBC and get inspired to teach Ted.

I think Narka needs to read some more up to date info on Dominance theory. Here is just one of hundreds of pages on the internet about it.
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...vior-myth.aspx
cclpegs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Thank you. I am enjoying the training time we have together. We do a few small sessions of 'training' in the day and if anything comes up and i *think* we may be getting somewhere. I like him being exhausted by the evening
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
OP glad you are getting there with your pup, it does take time, my GSP is now 10 months and is just getting good at walking on a loose leash, last month I was beginning to think he would never get it! lol And I started his leash training from day one.

For Narka I will just give you this video since you only want to listen to "real" dog trainers (even though many on here are just that!) and watch videos so you can have a look at this one. A video by a professional dog trainer, who is on TV as well.
I've always assumed some of our wiser members are 'real' dog trainers - even if they don't do it for a living.

I do think however that you are wasting your time trying to get Narka to change her mind about anything as when she posts she repeats the same thing over and over like a mantra or someone reading from a 'script' in a bit of what to me seems like a 'brainwashed' fashion - not someone who is open to new ideas or who might ever just consider the possibility that they might be wrong or that someone else might have a good point.
cclpegs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2012, 12:59 PM
I agree. Narka seems set that their way is the right way to do things unfortunately!
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I've always assumed some of our wiser members are 'real' dog trainers - even if they don't do it for a living.

I do think however that you are wasting your time trying to get Narka to change her mind about anything as when she posts she repeats the same thing over and over like a mantra or someone reading from a 'script' in a bit of what to me seems like a 'brainwashed' fashion - not someone who is open to new ideas or who might ever just consider the possibility that they might be wrong or that someone else might have a good point.
I believe there are a lot of very good trainers on here! How I decide what a good trainer is, well some one that takes each case on its own and thinks through what will work for that individual, not some one that has one trick of bulling and domination. So that would make a lot of the people on this site good trainers!

I also realize trying to talk with Narka would do no good as I have seen enough of her posts already, she comes across as a person that has only ever had a few dogs so does not really have the experience that many of us have, yet feels she is an expert because she has seen a few tv shows. I just couldn't help myself with posting up that video, as nothing we say will change her mind but maybe hearing a professional dog trainer who also has a television show might make her think twice about cm . lol
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by cclpegs View Post
Thank you. I am enjoying the training time we have together. We do a few small sessions of 'training' in the day and if anything comes up and i *think* we may be getting somewhere. I like him being exhausted by the evening
That is fantastic! the more shorter session you can do during the day the better, I like to keep my training sessions down to about 5 minutes at a time with pups, it is too easy to over tax them which leads to confusion. Also those little burst really keeps them looking to you through out the day as they never know when you will be pulling out treats and playing with them.
Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 12 13 14 15