Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:28 PM

If only he'd had a collar & tag...

I went walking today with a friend and our dogs (my 3 and her 1). We realised that a Golden Retriever was with us and there was no-one else about. He was an un-neutered male who had taken a shine to one of my neutered males and would not leave him alone. He followed us for 4 miles (in spite of our efforts to shoo him away) back to the car, leaving me with a dilemma. I obviously couldn't leave him there, so far away from where he started following us. The police told me that they no longer deal with stray dogs and the local authority emergency service was an answering machine.

I have left my details with the police and on the answering machine but had no choice other than to bring the dog home. He' s welcome to stay here until the dog warden picks him up tomorrow. But why was an un-neutered, sex mad dog, without a collar let alone an ID disc, wandering around on his own ? I hope the owners report him missing and are sent here to collect him tonight, so I can ask them.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Awwwww. Well done you for bringing him home.
I wonder if he had been dumped?
Have you put him on Dog Lost or checked on there to see if there is one missing?
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh dear.. your poor neutered boy - bet he wasn't too impressed. Good on you for taking him home and I hope you can find his owners asap! Have you put the his details on DogsLost?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Just had a nosey on Dogslost and can't spot any obvious GRs that are missing...
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Aww - you star. Being a goldie owner I know they can be good escape artisits sometimes but well done for taking care of him
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:59 PM
mmm what would he be like with a chi x?!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Awww goo don you but bad on the owner. I hope it was an honest mistake and not a dumping

Good luck in getting him back to his owner If we can be of any use to you, please let us know
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I have entered him onto Doglost but it would not accept a photo. I have pasted 2 below in case anyone knows of a male Goldie approx 10 yrs old that went missing on Holmbury Hill in mid Surrey today.

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh how sad he's an old boy too.
Surely someone must be missing him heaps.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Oh he's lovely and obviously well cared for so fingers crossed that the owners get in touch before he has to go the dog dog warden
Elaine xx
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »