View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

08-03-2008, 03:00 PM
As you say Rachel he gave 100% and that is all you can ask of him. He is still a baby and has all tthe time in the world ahead for him. The main thing is you both enjoyed it.

We are off around 9 or 10 tonight , and staying over in Coventry tomorrow night setting of for home late monday morning and it will probably take me till the end of the week to recover.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2008, 03:07 PM
So pleased you had a nice time , Sorry Connor did not get placed this time , Hopefully he will be next year , but at the end of the day you took the real winner home xxdk
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
i was thinking of you when i saw the gordon setters! oh now says he is in love with setters!
I too enjoyed watching the bit on Crufts TV - really showed them off in a good way - they are soooooooo wonderful!

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Glad to hear he took it all in his stride!
Becky
Thanks Becky - I couldn't have asked for any more from him - another day another decision. And I know I took the best boy home

Originally Posted by Pita View Post
No shame in not being placed, another time you will be. When dogs are young the impression they give the judge changes from week to week. Think it is this that get most of us hooked as you always think as you pack the bag weekend after weekend that this week may be your turn and of course it sometimes is.

Glad you enjoyed your day at Crufts, have to admit it is my least favourite show and although I do go sometimes I have not taken a dog with me for about 6 years.

Will be there dogless on Sunday and will be doing the rounds of the hounds for as long as my feet hold up
Thanks Pita - I do enjoy it at Crufts and its great to qualify - its a long day for the dogs though - but Connor wasn't phased at all - so I am extra proud of him.

Different judge can make so much difference - many people who have done well didn't get placed so felt we were in v. good company

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
It was lovely to meet you at last Rachel! Connor is a beautiful boy!
Thanks A - am exhausted - having had another manic day am about to run a nice warm bath. Connor is back to his bouncy self after a good nights rest!

Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
Me to I was thinking of you when I saw the Gordon Setter's on. I'm glad it went well and hopefully you'l be there next year to.
Thanks Z/Beau - hope we make it next year too

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I watched the feature on Gordon Setters last night on Crufts. It was really interesting. Next time the decision could be entirely different. Well done for qualifying and well done to him for being so good with all that going on around him.
Thanks Rachel - he was wonderful he really was - they can get so spooked as it is so noisy and so many people - but he really didn't bat an eyelid about the whole thing and gave so much in the ring for me He got special cuddles and kisses and roast chicken titbits

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Glad you had a good day, well done to you and connor, nice to know that he gave 100%
Thank you - very chuffed with my wee lad!

Originally Posted by Trixy View Post
Glad you both had a wonderful day big (((hugs))) xx
Thanks Trixy

Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
glad you had a good day, regardless of being placed.. well done Connor!
Thank you very much - have passed on all the well dones to the cheeky boy

Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
As you say Rachel he gave 100% and that is all you can ask of him. He is still a baby and has all tthe time in the world ahead for him. The main thing is you both enjoyed it.

We are off around 9 or 10 tonight , and staying over in Coventry tomorrow night setting of for home late monday morning and it will probably take me till the end of the week to recover.
Thank you v. much Eunice - really couldn't ask any more of him at all.

I am still exhausted today Good luck tomorrow and have fun will look forward to seeing how you get on!

Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
So pleased you had a nice time , Sorry Connor did not get placed this time , Hopefully he will be next year , but at the end of the day you took the real winner home xxdk
Thanks DK - I agree that Connor was my winner
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Here is in in action - as you can see he did all he could - didn't put a foot wrong in moving

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p...7032008160.flv

Sleeping with his new friend Bully!

Cuddling with Daddy!

Thanks for all the good wishes and also for the Well Done - am just pleased Connor enjoyed his day out too - I know we took the best dog home

He is still clean at the moment but with the rain here don't think it will be long before he is muddy grubby chops again
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi Rachel 'there is always another day' as they say and lots of people got to see and enjoy your lovely boy
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Glad you had a lovely day - I am sure your day at Crufts will come soon
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Glad you had a great time and Connor did you proud, your and Connors time will come
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Glad Conor had a great time, he certainly looks calm in the photos
He will always be a winner in our eyes Rach, and I'd lay odds on him getting placed next year, as long as the bookies don't suspend the bettings

Speak soon hun x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 04:36 PM
He is very beautiful.xxxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Aww fab pics and loved the vid.

Glad you all had a good time, Connor looks gorgeous!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >