View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Palaceclock
New Member!
Female 

20-12-2007, 01:37 PM
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss. I have no advice to offer but am sending Jack big (((((Hugs))))).

Take care,

H
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Sorry I have nothing too add except (((hugs))) to you both.
I hope he picks up soon and I'm sure he will with such a caring mum!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Do you have any friends with dogs who could perhaps come over for a while and have them interact with jack for a bit of company? That might help.
Thanks again guys for all your support. After I wrote yesterday I literally dragged him out to his favourite place for a walk. He really didnt want to leave the house but once there he did perk up no end. Jadie never came on walks with us so this was familiar territory to him. He chased the rabbits and played and did the zoomie thing he does through puddles, but once back in the house, sad Jack was back again.

We have been umming and arring about a friend for him for quite a long time, I've even posted on here about it when I was offered a staff pup. As luck would have it a friend has a litter of labs due on xmas day and we were considering having one ( who can pass up a free pup?). Jack loves the dad of the pups ( an enormous black lab called Cash) and I think I'll offer to have him while the bitch has her babies, I just dont want to give Jack another sense of loss when he goes home too. Maybe day time babysitting Cash would be better.

So now that Jadie has gone, maybe one of those pups is more of a consideration. I definitely believe in having 2 together so we'll see. In the meantime I will put all your advice in to practice. I just wish he would eat. I'll have to start living at the lake where he's happy!!!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh dear poor Jack, I've no advice to give as such, but I do think your idea about the lab sounds like a good plan, it may help him with his depression. I hope he picks up and starts eating soon.

Take care.
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Oh dear poor Jack, I've no advice to give as such, but I do think your idea about the lab sounds like a good plan, it may help him with his depression. I hope he picks up and starts eating soon.

Take care.
Thanks Tobes... I'm just not sure I need a puppy. A six month old would suit me fine but then there's the issue of it being bought up with my children, which of course only a puppy would be. I'm sure once I see them I'll be unable to resist!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2