View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Evening All. Spent a pleasant couple of hours in Holmfirth, this p.m. weather although cloudy was warm and dry. I was somewhat pained to see that this quaint old yorkshire town has now got a couple of Kebab Shops, well progress I suppose!
There were an awful lot of tourists about - seems that "Last of the Summer Wine" has enduring appeal for many. I was photograped twice by Japanese tourists - goodness knows why!
Hope you can salvage the jeans Griff and that Moyra has a bit more success with her kitchen and landlady.
Back later - just watching the Robbie Coltrane drama - seems to be off to an excellent start, bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
went and rescued him Lol may have ruined my jeans though, his car was filthy!!!!
Hi Griff, make sure he pays for your time He would have to pay if he asked the MoT station to do it plus it would have failed so possibily not much change from £100

Hope chemo is normal tomorrow and you don't get that sick feeling.

Lara is going to the vet tomorrow, she wants to have a closer look at her eyebrow which is 'turning in' albeit only a little. Have been using Maxitrol eye drops but vet didn't want to issue a third repeat prescription with out checking. I think it may be a little early for surgery but like June said it can lead eventualy to blindness so better too early than too late.

Have a good evening what ever you are all doing. See you tomorrow.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I was somewhat pained to see that this quaint old yorkshire town has now got a couple of Kebab Shops, well progress I suppose!
There were an awful lot of tourists about - seems that "Last of the Summer Wine" has enduring appeal for many. I was photograped twice by Japanese tourists - goodness knows why!
Not sure that 'progress' is the right word There was one in our village, when I was looking at houses I called in there and enquired (without placing any order) if they did home delivery. I was horrified to receive a barrage of questions about where I lived, not just the general area but the exact street, house etc.

Now why would anyone want to know that if I had not placed an order It's not the sort of question you expect.

They have closed down now, obviously even the 'squaddies' from the base didn't like their food We are waiting to see if the property is let again but even if a new tennent moves in I doubt we'll be using the facilities

The fact the Japanese want to photograph you indicates you must look like one of the characters they've studied at school. Now who could that be I wonder. Dickens, Lloyd George, Palmerston, or maybe The Earl of Grantham (From Downton Abbey which I'm sure has been sold to Japanese TV )

Anyway, your fame now extends beyond these shores, well done
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Harvey - I, of course, use the word progress in a very loose fashion! lol !
Have you never thought that given the location I was more likely to have been photographed for my likeness to "Compo!" rather than some political worthy, Victorian author or belted Earl!!!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2016, 11:04 PM
LOL at LG in a pair of wellies and woolly hat walking round Holmfirth
Been AWOL tonight, friends dog very seriously ill and no one quite knows why as yet. She's in ICU at a hospital in Newmarket, so you can imagine the state my friend is in. Obviously been on the phone a lot to her, waiting to hear she's home safely and will have to pray they find out what it is quickly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2016, 03:22 AM
Lol... fancy LG becoming a local attraction Lol
Harvey, hope Lara goes on o.k with the vets. It is bmw who are doing his car so I suspect a lot more than £100 ..... I don't mind, made me feel useful for 5 minutes
TW, I hope your friends dog will be ok
Sue, pleased you have your prescription sorted....eventually lol
Moyra, I do hope the kitchen will turn out o.k.....with regards the lack of drainer, maybe she assumes you have a dishwasher and no need for one? Very odd all the same
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I was more likely to have been photographed for my likeness to "Compo!" rather than some political worthy, Victorian author or belted Earl!!!!!!
Love it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Hi Griff - "hope Lara goes on o.k with the vets."

Thanks, the vet had a good look and prescribed some mild drops just to keep the eyes in good shape. Surgery not required for now 'tho maybe sometime in future, as long as the vet sees her every six months she'll be fine. I'm pleased.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3