tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Still hot here, bit of a cooler breeze and overcast, red sky though
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Well my emails are still down so I am off to bed to read. Have a good rest of evening peeps.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2016, 08:29 PM
I'd be changing my ISP very quickly Brenda. Have a nice read and then sleep.
Gone cold here, fan is off, windows and doors closed. Girls in bed with the bottom door shut and they've stayed in as well.
Now I've turned the fan off Lona has come off the couch and is laying flat out in front of me. She was definitely iffy about the fan and whether it woud all of a sudden spin off and land on her
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Good to know I can rely on you bunch for helpful advice viz a viz vegetables.
My only guide was the old adage of the bigger the better - in veggies as in so much else in life!
Batten down the hatches June 'cos the forecast for after midnight is terrible. Seems we are to be treated to more thunderbolts and lightening (very very frightening) so the ditty goes! lol !
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2016, 09:07 PM
I'll be taking Lona a walk round in a bit, then once I've done the brekkies for morning I'll be going for a soak. Checked outside and they're all still in bed, must be a record!!! Hoping everyone stays put if the weather's going to turn like that
I have heard, don't know if its true, that these monster veg are not very edible.
I'm sure you'll win the Annual Saddleworth Popularity Contest though, as you do every year
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
My only guide was the old adage of the bigger the better - in veggies as in so much else in life!
I have no experience but I did think that in these shows the size is important, sending you best wishes for what will likely be a difficult task because like dog shows and beauty parades, there can be only one winner

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I'll be taking Lona a walk round in a bit.......................................
.................I'm sure you'll win the Annual Saddleworth Popularity Contest though, as you do every year
So pleased to read that Lona is OK and long may it continue. I love the idea that she is resting on the sofa watching telly like an old grandmother, which of course she is

I think we should all wish LG best of luck in his task, I've also read some stories of the contestants doing unbelievable things at these shows, like dog shows and beauty contests, there can be only one winner

Has cooled down here and I think we're due to get the thunder and lightening tomorrow morning, I hope so because if comes during the night Casey and Lara will be running inside to wake me up and tell me

Goodnight all, see you tomorrow
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2016, 10:16 PM
Following comments from June and Harvey, my suspicions that the judging job is a poisoned chalice, seems to be confirmed.
Nonetheless we will carry on regardless, bit like the "Charge of the Light Brigade!"
Have judged thousands of lurchers over the years and never felt in any way daunted by the task - but am now a little disquieted by the thought of a few vegies at a local show - odd eh!
Well it's time for bed - out with the dogs and then off to the land of Nod!
Goodnight all - see you tomorrow.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2016, 10:42 PM
LG, no offence taken!! You could never upset me!! You are most likely right , no doubt a lost cause but a bit of kindness doesn't cost me anything. I think in all honesty we will just stay friends.
TW, I am really pleased for you and Lona, I think it was with Deags that we had a low white count, when they repeated her bloods 2weeks later all was normal again, they think it was an error with the blood analysis machine...not sure if that helps at all
Sue, I hope when tumbleweed is fully mended he will wait on you hand and foot!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Griff I am probably over reacting. I did pay for her bloods to be done, but it is the tissue sample they are looking at again. He did say they couldn't work out why, so putting my sensible head on they will surely have gone through the most obvious causes.
Lona wanted to sleep on the couch tonight, had to put her collar and lead back on and take her in the kitchen, I turned my back on her for a nano second and she was gone, took her back into the kitchen where she looked extremely peeved
Not sure who is in charge here, have that sinking feeling it could be her
Went out to check on the others and Mabs barged past me to see her mother, bit of sniffing from them both and Mabs came back out to bed, so she's obviously satisfied on her mothers progress.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5