View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2016, 09:16 AM
If it gets dropped down the loo then they're all in trouble
Brenda I really don't understand why people do this, I was amazed to go back to training, having been away since May, and the same people with the same dogs having the same problems were in my class, no improvement on their issues. Alun was taking the class, and he runs it like a military campaign, everything is explained in detail, there is no room for doubt, yet when given an individual exercise to do, that has been performed correctly by others, they then put their own interpretation on it, dog runs off or starts sniffing the grass because its lost focus, and its never their fault. They tell you 'he does it every time at home'. I rather suspect nothing happens between one week and another Like Sue says, they only need one lesson I felt I hadn't been doing enough with Zen as well, obviously enough to overtake dogs older than she was!
Wonder if they don't turn up because they haven't practiced and knew it would be glaringly obvious.
Lynn you're so nearly there now, bet you can't wait for it to be finished. Hope the furniture arrives sooner rather than later and then you aren't hanging about. How's the driving lessons going and any job interviews for either of them in the pipeline
I have another coal delivery today, let's hope they get here this time.
Going to do what I did last week and put the 4 of them in the car and get them on the field for a charge round. Lona in good form this morning, had the last AB and halfway through the Tramadol now. Looking at the piccies I took last night makes me realise how quickly she's aged, its all of a sudden and I know our time together is running out. Hoping the biopsy is clear, I want more time, but there's never enough of that is there
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2016, 09:25 AM
June, Lona is doing well but I understand how you feel, she is getting on but her heart is willing and hopefully that will carry her on for a good while longer.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2016, 09:43 AM
Hope the coal arrives today as arranged and enjoy your walk with the girls. I know what you mean time soon catches up on us and we spend the rest of their lives worrying about them. I have fingers crosse3d the results will be good

You take care Gnasher up ladders and all that walking don't need any setbacks now.

You sound as if you are now well on track Lynn so hopefully by this time next year you will have found your ideal home and moved in.

The clematis Moyra grow only to 3-4 ft and bushy habit according to the label. They are Parisian 'Evipo019' which is mauve, Chantilly 'Evipo021' which is pale pink and Sacha 'Evipo021' which is blue/purple. Says ideal for growing in containers and small gardens. Will just have to see next year.

Tip run done, the last of the geraniums potted up ready to over winter in the greenhouse and now only have the ironing to do.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Nearly there all the fiddly niggly jobs now.
Not sure about selling and having somewhere new next year Sue. Will depend how quick this sells or not and what's around in the vicinity we can afford, want to stay this way as not to far back to Harlow and of course want to stay near our vet.
Hope the coal delivery turns up soon June.
Still waiting for my delivery.
Driving lessons going well none today or tomorrow he is in Essex Lauren had a hospital appointment this morning.
No interviews for Mark as yet Michael has one tomorrow not sure if the other one is Wednesday or the same day but two so far in total this week.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Had a phone call to say there is a 'problem with the delivery driver' and coal rescheduled for Wednesday. I asked if that meant he had had a heavy weekend and not turned in and she laughed and said well he wouldn't tell us would he
Started raining here now, only a shower, very warm. Had the 4 out on the field and Lona had a pink fit, probably howled the place down, all the neighbours know whats going on, Ros stopped this morning to see if I had heard anything, so they'll forgive me this I'm sure. Lona been a walk before I took the others, but when I brought the car round and came back in she was acting like she hadn't been for ages, took her out again, and of course nothing to be done. She's had mashed banana with honey and her Loxicam in it for lunch. Silly girl was after a bone Going to have an hour with the telly and a brew and butty then give the yard a good do. May have a siesta after that because I'm shattered.
Nikki, be careful of that brand new hip, I think it is expected to last till the next centennial
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Typical June good job it's not winter.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Good day folks, had a lazy day yesterday and today seems set to follow the same way. Dogs of course have had a good walk round the place but I'm guilty of taking it very easy for a day or two, just to let the old batteries recharge. The Mem tends to tell me when she thinks I'm overdoing it and as I have no wish to be involved in WW III - I do as I'm told.
A good day here weather wise although very little sun it is warm and dry and pleasant for walking about in, the dogs second walk will be down to the river and they can have a swim in pursuit of balls and squeaky chicken legs. They have a couple of these chicken leg things but one of them is the exclusive property of Danger Curls who takes it everywhere with here when we go to the river and sets off with the most blood curdling growls and snarls should any of the others go even remotely near her and her beloved chicky-leg! It is the only time that she's in any way possessive and the others tend to view her as more trouble than she's worth lol! When the others go into the water to retrieve things - she swims out with them but of course can't bring anything back as she has a mouthful of her rubber favourite! Oh well - she is a terrier after all - perhaps there's another of her sort using the brain cell!
Hope the clematis take Sue - we tend to put pieces of slate around the stem in an eighteen inch circle - the thing about them liking to have cool roots. Don't know whether this is grounded in fact or perhaps it is yet another weird northern gardening tradition.
Glad Lona is picking up June, it's amazing how well they can come through things. All it takes is love and care most of the time and it's obvious from yesterday's pic that she gets both. I thought she looked grand in her spot of garden. Although they are entirely different types she always reminds me of my old girl Gypsy, I think Lona is around a year older though, I think it's the facial expression! lol ! You know the one - been there - done that - got the collar!!!
Off out again now, have finished my cuppa and the river and energetic dingoes await, may be back later, do try to behave yourselves everyone, bye fer now. G.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2016, 06:43 PM
As we know, NONE of the girls are EVER allowed on the furniture

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey I had to laugh about Lara and her pond antics............................
Had a relatively good journey to and from Essex yesterday........................
Seem to be getting on track now for getting it on the market next year hopefully.
Lara nearly always gets a swim in the river on our walks in this weather so it's a mystery why she wanted to go in the pond, she does make me laugh 'tho, is a real angel but norty too if you know what I mean.

Local Radio Suffolk were talking about a huge jam on the M25 Northern section yesterday I assume you missed it.

I think next year will be a good time to sell a house, I won't go into detail but the signs are there in my view. Have you thought about where you would like to move too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Lovely picture June we never stick to the rules do we ?
Never touch the M25 for Essex Harvey. I avoid it like the plague if I can. I come off at the Hastingwood roundabout which takes you into Harlow, Epping or straight across for Brentwood and Chelmsford if needed.
You access the M25 from that roundabout if needed.

Wardrobes turned up at 7.30. Just had a shower looks like Gorden will need to go under the bath at the weekend we have a leak from a pipe. Luckily floor is tiled and easily mopped up with a towel.
My chromebook keeps smoking from one side and getting very hot. Keep turning it off Gorden thinks the fan has packed up.
Going to watch Eastenders and corrie on catch up.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >