register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Well done to both girls, LG. Its down to the judge's particular taste on the day really isn't it. They did well amongst strong competition I should imagine. Glad the weather stayed good for you all, was nice here as well, the rain having given us a good soaking all night.
Whatever Tramadol does for humans, it mustn't for dogs,because Lona is on top form, near ripped my arm off when we went for a stroll round just now, I had the lead looped over my arm and next minute I had my shoulder put out by Lona seeing a cat sneaking about. Hoping that this is a positive sign there was nothing nasty after all lurking in her mouth. I have put puppy pads on top of newspaper down for her every night, and not once has she used them, mind you she only went in the garden once (when she came back from her op) after that she was insistent we went a walk round with none of this invalid malarkey I was trying to inflict on her.
Her wound is so neat you can barely see it,and she has been really good (so far) with it.
Loved the end of The Proms, very apt words I thought given the current situation.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Lynn, great to hear of good service
Sue...i think LG is suggesting maybe you could grow loganberries and make jam and he could sample it for you lol
Hoping Lona is o.k with the tramadol
Well done to your girls LG
I shall wish you all a good night
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Gnasher

I would think your parents would be happy you are happy and where ever you live memories are with you forever.

Do you have any pictures of your wildflower meadow lawn as I am considering that. Did you buy as wildflower turf or do seeds???? and when did you do it?
Thank you for your kind comments.

We laid the wildflower lawn as turf a couple of years ago. The seed is ok to fill in bare patches, but really doesn't work to create a large area of lawn. The turf is terribly expensive but definitely the way to go. We went down this route because I was fed up of spending hours every week cutting grass. I thought it was the most ridiculous waste of time, so decided to plant a wildflower meadow which only needs to be scythed once a year. I will take some photos when the weather gets better and post them up. The advantage of a wildflower lawn is not just the lack of mowing - the garden is now filled with insects that I have never seen before, and the best thing of all is that honey bees are in abundance - and hover flies. Birds love it, the garden is now full of birds far more than before. Sparrows in particular love the meadow grass.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4