View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2011, 10:40 AM

Delayed medication - will it really matter?

I overslept this morning and Pereg's 8.30am medication was given to her over an hour late. I know she must have it every 12 hours and that it takes 1½ hours following the dose for it to get into her system, and so far we have been lucky in that the delayed dose did not cause another seizure.

Now I am not sure whether to give her her evening medication at the regular time or delay it until the 12 hours are up.

I did phone the Vet surgery but Dr Ram was operating so I could not speak with him about it.

I think it will be OK but just need a wee bit of reassurance please.

Thank you
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 10:55 AM
dont worry she should be fine

id give her dose tonight half hour later than usual then go back to normal tomorrow
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Thank you for your reassurance - I knew that Dogsey is the place to come for it when I cannot get hold of Dr Ram. One of the nurses did ask if it was an emergency when I phoned and if so she would interrupt Ram, but surgery is far more important than a query about medication I think.

I guess I panic a bit but then I was classified as a "fussy and over-protective mother" when my daughter was born, and it turned out that I was right. And that was a long time ago but if I had not fought for someone to listen to me she would not be now a 43 year-old mother of five. Actually she would never have been born as her twin died in utero at ~15 weeks, and there were no scans in those days and I was told that I had miscarried when I knew I had not.

And then they said the same about her pyloric stenosis and then her hips...

So I worry and panic about Pereg because now she is my baby.