Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2023, 08:34 AM

Friday again. 2/6/2023.

Morning everyone. The sun is trying to come out but it is very breezy with a chill.
Off to the hairdresser in a few minutes, Gorden is waiting for the BT outreach engineer we changed broadband provider earlier in the week everything is up and running except the home phone.

Chris I am pleased the funeral went well and congratulations on the new puppy.
Welcome to Dogsey Teddy.
Sue yesterday ended up being a busy day, hopefully today will be calmer.
Kazz I hope your day goes well.
Griff hoping all is well with you.
brenda anything planned today ?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2023, 10:24 AM
Good morning Lynn. Hope hair appointment goes well

Overcast and very breezy here. Teazle walked and bedroom walls painted. Will clean the windows this afternoon before putting the curtains back

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2023, 10:35 AM
Morning Sue. The sun is doing its best but intermittently.
Hair done and happy now at home and phone back on too, it had been wired in wrongly at the exchange when the internet provider changed.

Just had some bad news about our Friends Bernese Brigg one of the 3 in Yorkshire we looked after last year and who we visited.
He is not well they have had to leave him at a referral clinic, from what Pam has said it is sounding very much like our Ollie.
Brigg will not be 6 till November. We are both upset and tears for me too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2023, 12:37 PM
Afternoon all
Chris, wow...huge congratulations!
Sue, how lovely to be invited to the BBQ!
Lynn, fingers crossed for your friends dog
Kazz and Brenda, hope you are well and enjoying the sunshine
I still have the lurgy, had it since Saturday 2 COVID tests tell me it's not that so hopefully my op can go ahead. I slipped getting in the shower last night and bashed my elbow and arm again...nice bruise developing. I am unsupervised this weekend so shall enjoy just pleasing myself and the dogs, was sat in the sun for a while reading my book but one dog has eye problems and the other no pigment so short bursts only
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2023, 01:03 PM
Good afternoon all

Very windy up on the front today, but not too cold.

Teddy has been cuddled by all the old ladies at the cafe so he already has a fan club.

He's doing brilliant with house training - only one accident so far and that was my fault. He slept peacefully from 11.30 pm last night to 6 am this morning and woke me up to go to the loo.

Eating though is a nightmare. His breeder left 6 plates of various foods on the floor all day - topping up as necessary. All three adults and the two pups had access. It's taken me until now to discover that he will eat, but it has to be very soft (think pattie) and cut up really small. Oh and we've also discovered that he will eat thin sliced meat broken up into small pieces. At least he is eating now.

Aw Kelly. I hope the arm doesn't give you any significant problems. You need wrapping in bubble wrap
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2023, 03:30 PM
Good afternoon all

Change of plan slightly went out to lunch with my niece it was lovely we sat outside Yippeee I had a mocktail as I was driving. Dropped her home now in for a bit then a shower and out this evening with friends.

Chris Teddy sounds the perfect tonic I looked after a friends yorkie once and I thought he eats nothing. But chatting to my friend who has Burt the Chihuahua I realise small dogs are not "toy dogs" and their eating is so much less I thought of small before as my brothers Westie/Border Terriers not having experience of toy dogs, but they are "gluttons" compared with toy dogs.

And a pup imagine teaspoon tummy I suspect.

I think it must be a thing with toy dog owners as my friend leaves food down for Burt all day. I am all for food , down, eat, dish up routine regardless but each to their own. He sounds delightful.

Lynn Oh no how upsetting I hope all works out well my neighbour has St Bernard and I have discovered this week two of her siblings have passed away she can't be 4-5
Martin is on high alert.

Sue Have you considered sitting down? or are you happier moving and grooving.

Griff Ouch and Yeah. Ouch for the fall. Yeah for being free and loose this weekend. Are your parent going away together? Or have you placed them in separate cities LOL
Hope you feel better shortly.

Brenda Thought of you today as saw a lady walking a lovely border collie not sure of names of colours in Borders so no offence meant but I would call the colour Red and white.

Now this is a question I know my friend who has experience of Labradors says people say there is a difference in coat colour ie Chocolates are for the show ring not working and blacks are easiest to train etc etc Is there in Collies as they are predominately working dogs? Or is it the saying No good dog is the wrong colour.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2023, 03:52 PM
Don't worry about Sue sitting down, what about poor me getting exhausted watching her?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2023, 03:59 PM
Chris Teddy sounds lovely and not surprised he already has a fan club.
griff hope the arm gets better soon , are you safe to be left alone after slipping in the shower.
Hope the lurgy clears soon.
Kazz sounds like a lovely day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2023, 06:42 PM
It has been and will continue to be so Lynn Thank you I hope yours is a lovely weekend
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2023, 07:03 PM
Thank you Kazz. Some gardening tomorrow, Gorden has pointed the slabs that needed pointing today.
Sunday our large table and chairs are going to Mark and Lauren, it is far too big for this garden.
The glass part of the table we loaded into the caravan yesterday and then took the van back to the yard ready for Sunday.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >