Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2023, 09:50 AM

Tinkering Tuesday 16th May 2023

Morning all. Well the sun is out and have been for my usual walk to the shop and back. Realised that for some strange reason the tvchoice that they sell is for Wales and West? Ah well the programmes are more or less the same. Just have to learn to speak welsh. I am yet again tinkering with figures because Tesco have decided to put their buying price up from £40 to £50 hm not easy for me to do but the way items are going up each day it seems, then it won't take me long to spend that much. Anyway have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2023, 09:54 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Good luck with the tinkering Brenda

Lovey morning here. Early school run done and Teazle walked. Washing dried and ironed and now in the airing cupboard. School run again this afternoon and then taking Sarah to her first Brownie meeting. I can do this today as Maria is not going to gymnastics as she will be late home from school as she is off to an athletics meeting this afternoon for the school.

Take care everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2023, 10:34 AM
Good Morning Brenda and Sue and all to follow.

Work shortly done some bits and pieces this morning. Not much happening here but a nice day all in all so far. Oh the good news middle niece has landed what she calls her dream job so happiness after 7 interviews and a couple of "tests" for want of a better word she starts Monday

Catch you later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2023, 03:30 PM
Good afternoon brenda, Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
Emptied the bedroom of the furniture except the bed, Gorden has now decided he is going to push up one end to do the flooring on the other end, then push it back to do the end it was on.
We have been out for coffee and cake with Micheal. The service is getting bad and his cake was dry.
We never remember to go into Downham and Reeds will remember for next time plus he says they have more and a better choice of cake.

brenda ggod luck with learning Welsh. lol:
Sue another busy day.
Well done to your niece Kazz.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Afternoon all
Brenda, that's what we found, the prices have increased so we didn't need to buy much extra
Sue, busy again! Hope Sarah enjoys brownies
Kazz, lovely to hear your neice has found her dream job
Was woken early by the gas man banging, hopefully they are all done now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2023, 03:56 PM
Afternoon Lynn
Tbh, as awful as it sounds, I think people are paying more and getting worse service in pretty much all aspects of life. I think people are just fed up across the board
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2023, 03:59 PM
We shouldn't have to do that though. Tesco surely knows about consumers trying to keep our costs down and not be made to spend more? Yaki dah Lynn.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2023, 05:41 PM
Mum has looked back at her receipts and the food and obvs other products seem to be climbing by at least 10p every 2-3 weeks. I have noticed myself, a 6 pack of Cheetos flaming hot were £1 in poundshop, home bargains etc, now £1.35. you used to be able to get large packs of crisps for £1, they are now £1.65. our local pub is now charging nearly £5 a pint!!
I buy cheese from Costco, a large block for around £6 and the 1kg bertolli spread for about £3.60 if I see stuff on offer and I use it, I will now buy 2 and put one away
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2023, 05:51 PM
Evening griff. The cost of everything is spiralling and customer service hardly exists now.
When you get good customer service now it takes you aback.

Your learning Welsh very quick brenda. You'll be teaching it soon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2023, 09:04 PM
Evening all

It's been the day from hell, but it's nearly over thank the Lord

The sofa just clips together they said, it's easy they said. No it flaming well isn't and we just couldn't do it. I'll have to ask the guy who's coming to put some stuff together up there for me if he will have a go because it really has defeated us. That was defeat no 1

Defeat no 2 was Gary's phone not working. Brought it home with us and three hours later discovered that it isn't the phone, it's the new card from Penny Mobile that's in it. Put Dave's phone card in it and it works fine. Guess who's without a phone until we can arrange a new card?

Defeat 3 was trying to pair Gary's watch with said phone. I've done it a few times now on other devices, but it just isn't having any this time

and my biggest heartache of the day was the phone call from the vets. The only way they can try to sort Rosie out is to take half the bottom jaw which we have rejected out of hand. Rosie's vet agrees and has suggested keeping her on palliative care until the lump starts to affect her and then she will try to go in again and if it's too extensive 'inside', she'll ask permission to let her go while she's under anaesthetic. The rest doesn't matter in comparison. Although we were expecting it, it's devastating and so unfair for my beautiful, sweet Rosie

We will carry on loving her and giving her the very best life and, most of all keep our fingers crossed that the lump stops growing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >