Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 04:39 PM

Zena's got her eye on the ball (gsd)

Dave's been chucking the ball for Zena so I took the opportunity of taking some pics, hope you like 'em

It's up there somewhere, oh yes it's behind me..

Better take it back otherwise it doesn't get thrown again

This one qualifies for a spot the ball

and for her finale.....

totally nuts! If she was a horse, I'd get her into showjumping and quick! Thanks for looking
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Wonderful action shots!

Was that today? Looks as if you've had nice weather too. I thought it was going to be wet today, but we've had a lovely day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Who needs a big garden when your dog will chase a ball Fab photos of the woolly bear Zena showing us just how high she can jump. I wish mine were ball focussed ....... so much easier to lob a ball for them to chase after.

She really is gawjus
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2013, 04:51 PM
We are always happy to see pics of Zena.
Wow she is amazing isn't she. Dillon doesn't chase balls either jenny he watches you throw them then runs straight past them. He much prefers tuggie or jumping around with you with his pig or monkey in his mouth.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2013, 04:58 PM
She's fab isn't she Helena. Love the way you've got her concentrating on the ball rather than all the other distractions when she's out. Like a big furry teddy she is!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Wonderful action shots!

Was that today? Looks as if you've had nice weather too. I thought it was going to be wet today, but we've had a lovely day.
Thanks Jenny, yes it was today, glorious sunshine here all day long There's always plenty of action going on with a dog like Zena (unfortunately!!! )

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Who needs a big garden when your dog will chase a ball Fab photos of the woolly bear Zena showing us just how high she can jump. I wish mine were ball focussed ....... so much easier to lob a ball for them to chase after.

She really is gawjus
Thanks Jenny, you never got to see her chasing her ball on our walk did you, and how she's never managed to injure anything God only knows, but I suppose that's because I keep her so very fit and agile (along with myself lol!) Shame about those t-shirts on the line, cos I got a fab pic of her almost hanging herself on the washing line she jumped so high, but the blooming t-shirts covered the shot so I moved them, but should have taken them away shouldn't I. She only has the two little bits of lawn, but as long as you chuck it up in the air, she's more than happy, cos she enjoys the squidging of it with the squeak more than anything.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We are always happy to see pics of Zena.
Wow she is amazing isn't she. Dillon doesn't chase balls either jenny he watches you throw them then runs straight past them. He much prefers tuggie or jumping around with you with his pig or monkey in his mouth.
Thanks Lynn. I've never, ever had a dog that doesn't like a ball. I remember my Cassie who used to come up to the horse with me in the pitch black at 5 o'clock on a winter's morning. She'd dunk her ball in a pile of horse poop knowing I couldn't possibly miss it, I'd chuck it right out in the dark field and she'd come back with it almost immediately. I'm sure it's a shepherd thing, I've never seen a shepherd without a ball on a rope in its gob on a walk

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
She's fab isn't she Helena. Love the way you've got her concentrating on the ball rather than all the other distractions when she's out. Like a big furry teddy she is!!!
Thanks June and yes she is, considering she'll be 5 years old this November She's not obsessed as such with it, because she will always drop it and give it to friendly dogs that she meets and she really doesn't care if they walk off with it which is quite strange isn't it. One of the "gang" of 6 shepherds that we meet, comes straight over to her, takes the ball off her and slopes off with it and Zena doesn't mind at all which I find quite odd. We walk together and that is the only time you will ever see Zena without her ball, when I'm walking with another dog who has it in their mouth I suppose I should worry about her legs, but why take her enjoyment away, she seems to know how to stop carefully when she overtakes it That ball has got me out of heaps of trouble over the past 5 years as you can imagine!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Who needs a big garden when your dog will chase a ball Fab photos of the woolly bear Zena showing us just how high she can jump. I wish mine were ball focussed ....... so much easier to lob a ball for them to chase after. She really is gawjus
Eggsackly! I kept my GSD in a house with a 30ft by 20ft garden. But just over the road to us were the fields and the woods and the football pitches and the rabbits and all sorts!

She used the bottom end of the garden to poo and pee and the rest of it to doss about in.

She got her 'exercise' outside of the garden. If the garden had been ten times bigger she wouldn't have hared around in it.

Super pics Helena of a super dog.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Eggsackly! I kept my GSD in a house with a 30ft by 20ft garden. But just over the road to us were the fields and the woods and the football pitches and the rabbits and all sorts!

She used the bottom end of the garden to poo and pee and the rest of it to doss about in.

She got her 'exercise' outside of the garden. If the garden had been ten times bigger she wouldn't have hared around in it.

Super pics Helena of a super dog.
Thanks Pat She has the next level up the top which is slate, where she pee's and poops, cos she knows this grassy area is for play, and the lower patio area is for chilling out in the shade, but then she's smart, she's a shepherd as you well know She does have the same sized bit of lawn the other side of the path that goes up the middle, so when she gets bored with the ball on this side, I then sit on the other side of the wall and chuck it the other way - sorted! Out the front of course, we have masses of land, all lovely grass, then the bit of land at the bottom and then the woods across the road, but sadly, the front is all open plan, so we only play out there when the neighbours are out and I know their dog's won't be running free out there, cos she doesn't like one of them. There's always the cat to worry about out there too, but I make sure he's not around if I go on the front lawn. She's very good, she knows not to go right down into the road, we've even lost a ball one night that must have rolled right down into the sea, but she knew not to run after that one, it was out of bounds, bless her
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Open plan for the 17yrs I lived in Berks too. GSD hardly ever let off lead from the front door to wherever we went. But just cross the road and she was in her heart's delight. And a short ride to Crowthorne Woods and all sorts of places she loved.

She too loved to chase a ball (but not obsessed) and when I was feeling lazy I'd walk her to the 'bus lane' which had been cut through a small hill but buses stopped about 6pm and I'd stand one side and chuck her ball over to the other side and she would tirelessly go after it down one side across and up the other and five mins or so of that and she'd had MILES of exercise!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 06:00 PM
She's a gorgeous girl.Was watching for a pic of shirts coming off the line!! but its all about the ball
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >