Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Dog Friendly beaches west Sussex/Kent

Iam thinking of taking my dogs to the beach, but the nearest beaches to me would either be in west sussex or kent.
Does anyone know of any dog friendly beaches in west sussex? or kent and if they are dog friendly from may
Thanks for any help
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm in West Sussex, and I took Zena to the beach today. There were hundreds of dogs walking along the front at Ferring and on the beach itself as we are allowed on there from Ferring to Littlehampton, but NOT east towards Worthing. Kent I have no idea, sorry!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Come down to us in West Sussex. There's lots of friendly Dogsey folk down here. Most of the quieter beaches are dog friendly. I would avoid Worthing, purely for the fact it gets quite busy. A nice walk is from Ferring, starting at The Bluebird cafe (cracking cup of coffee as Lilypup will confirm!) and walking along to Kingston Gorse and into East Preston (my village) then back. You can park at the cafe and the first part of the walk is grass or beach, your choice. If the tide is out, the beach is sandy and goes a long way out. If you're here one weekend, let us know. Im sure me and Claire (Lilypup) would be up for a meet!!
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:30 PM
There is a dog friendly beach at Bognor Regis - Pagham to be exact and they can go on it all year round. The whole stretch is about 5 miles and where we used to take Ruby when we lived that way.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Come down to Ferring Suzanne, it really is a lovely walk - safe too ! x
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:27 PM
I'd have to add West Wittering in Chichester - lovely dog friendly beaches, but it can get busy.
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone x
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by fluffymummy View Post
I'd have to add West Wittering in Chichester - lovely dog friendly beaches, but it can get busy.
I went on the west witterting and it says no dogs from may near the main swimming beach
which is the best place to start walking?
Thanks
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by CavalierCrazy View Post
I went on the west witterting and it says no dogs from may near the main swimming beach
which is the best place to start walking?
Thanks
If you drive to the end of the carpark and walk down through the gateway onto the dunes and beach, that is dog friendly all year round. Walk to the right though, not the left once on the beach/dunes. It is great for the dogs.
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
If you drive to the end of the carpark and walk down through the gateway onto the dunes and beach, that is dog friendly all year round. Walk to the right though, not the left once on the beach/dunes. It is great for the dogs.
Thankyou Will prop take the dogs for a day out treat there next week
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >