Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Nelson's Mum View Post
ALFIE was just a bit of satire (as in joke). the reason why i refered to lambs tails was to highlight the hipocracy of the act. they have double standards. if dog docking is illegal, why is it still legal to dock lambs tails ??

No one would deny the hypocracy of some types of animals being deemed less worthy of care and cruelty prevention [ I`m talking generally there ].
The wheels of change to benefit animals turn slowly when they turn at all, sadly, its the way of the human species
Lets face it, many humans treat other humans appallingly, as a species we have`nt stamped that out let alone made a decent start on good treatment and considerations for all animals at all times

Anyway, getting back on topic to throw a few questions your way :

1] do you now see that the KC had nothing to do with the ban coming in [ quite the opposite in fact ] ?

2] do you really consider a lack of tail more important than the rest of the dog in terms of Showing ?

3] do you really think the poor health of dogs in certain breeds, [ Bulldogs and breathing probs, Dachsies and spinal problems to use the ones you mentioned ], is less important than the human `choice` to breed for aesthetic appearance ?

4] [ open to all ] Would you like to have a go at my little challenge from the banding thread, which goes :

-------------------------------

OK, if anyone is feeling daring, from this selection of tails belonging to various breeds, if going through gorse, brambles etc, which are `high` risk and which are `low` risk for injury, and why in each case based on breed would they be candidates for, or safe from, docking, and can you identify each type of dog by visual tail `risk` :

A]

B]

C]

D]

E]

-------------------------------

No one has given it a try yet for some reason :smt077
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:26 PM
nelsons mum is correct it is only the tip of the iceberg,where are the kennel club and the parliament going to go next is anyones guess.As for what are the dogs rights? I am sure they would rather have the option of having one visit for docking when pups, rather than the agony they go through when amputation is required when adults.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:27 PM
the kennel club refusing to register newly docked puppies after 30th april
Excellent News :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

I'm so pleased Good-on them :smt023
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
And what choice do the dogs have???
Why do you think it has been banned?
it's purely a politcal decision, in my view, to follow what's happened on continental europe. i would like to know how many members that sat on the commitee that drafted the bill actually own dogs or have ever owned dogs. someone help me with this please .
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
awe canni have ya feelin left out
:smt016 :smt016 :smt091 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt091 :smt016 :smt016

:smt019 [/U]

Me blow rasbs at Ramble :smt009 :smt104 :smt105 :smt037
never, not me and ramble we never have a tiff we are like to peas in a pod us :smt075

Fanx for mine :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
But she still has loads more than me, s`not fair :smt088

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
nelsons mum is correct it is only the tip of the iceberg,where are the kennel club and the parliament going to go next is anyones guess.As for what are the dogs rights? I am sure they would rather have the option of having one visit for docking when pups, rather than the agony they go through when amputation is required when adults.
So, you are saying all undocked pups have to have their tails amputated as adults???
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:34 PM
I've also been informed that vets have been advised by the BVA. NOT to innoculate docked puppies , is this true ??
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:37 PM
it's purely a politcal decision, in my view, to follow what's happened on continental europe. i would like to know how many members that sat on the commitee that drafted the bill actually own dogs or have ever owned dogs. someone help me with this please .
Political?
Surely if they wanted to keep in line with Europe there are better ways, like say, adopting the Euro????

As for the number of dog owners on the committee, what does that have to do with it? If they are drafting legislation about murder, do they all have to have experienced it?

Tail docking is seen as a mutilation and it was only 11 votes short of being banned completely.
Tail docking hurts the pups. That is why it was banned. It was banned because every animal welfare organisation in the country, masses of scientific evidence, all say pups feel pain at the age they are docked.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
can you post a link for the parvo outbreaks, It would be handy, I had remembered someone metioned it before, but couldnt find anything,
They tend to be area specific in regional news items but the online K9 Latest News bulletins do post them anywhere they occur when known :

http://rss1.mediafed.com/feed/k9media/News

Plus Dogsey itself is a good source with people posting outbreak news as soon as they hear it

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=61775

Major outbreaks do usually get reported in the general media giving details of at-risk area`s along with warnings about unvaccinated dogs so one way or another you`ll get to hear about any near you pretty quickly, especially regarding the newer strain [ which is believed to have originated in Italy ], which does not have a vaccination for it yet
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
So, you are saying all undocked pups have to have their tails amputated as adults???
ramble- look at the post earlier today about the spaniel that has had 4 tail injuries.
Page 8 of 30 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »