View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 06:56 PM

Would you recognise someone 30 years later ?

When I first started work all those moons ago, I used to catch the train. Well I got chatting to a girl and we used to have a laugh every morning on the train - this went on for about 2 years. Eventually one of us moved on and we lost contact.

Today, I was standing at the checkout and this woman smiled, instantly I recognised her and we got chatting.

She actually lives in the same town, and when I mentioned my daughter's name and she was going out with her friend Sophie this evening - she said I don't believe it She is her Aunty! Talk about small world!

I always thought Sophie had a familiar face and now I know why - she is the spitting image of her Aunty

Anyway have 30 years to catch up on, and she is a dog owner, so we will have lots to chat about on our walks

Really put a smile on my face this did, so had to share it will you all!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 07:20 PM
wow! thats lovely!!!!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah that's what i thought and what's better still we both recognised each other so not much has changed ( think we were being polite )
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Wow, small world indeed, and funny that your daughter and her neice are friends just like you were, must be something in that also.

I remember a couple of years ago going into the bank with my Mum. I saw an old school friend, we were good mates in infants, round each others for tea etc. But she looked so snootily at me and Mum because she was obviously quite senior counter staff.

I thought to myself 'Yes, I remember when the dinner ladies were always having to take you to the clean knickers cupboard coz you'd wet your pants, so don't look all Hyacinth Bucket at me dear!'
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 07:45 PM
too true Becky, we all came from the same starting blocks!

Regarding ....
funny that your daughter and her neice are friends just like you were, must be something in that also.

I thought that too! We are so alike in many ways Chloe & I, no excuses required for a good laugh!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Awww..isn't that fab!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 08:05 PM
How fab, Tracy