Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 10:26 PM

At last, the fireworks have stopped!

Well, my poor Rosie has been completely stressed out tonight! We had the DAP diffuser plugged in, she's had Bachs rescue rememdy, radio on, lights on, curtains and blinds shut, we even resorted to putting up my sons pop up tent for her to hide in, but nothing worked She's been panting, pacing, whimpering all night. She's just settled down now..............and I expect we'll have to go through it all again tomorrow She's 4 weeks pregnant and I'm at the paranoid stage, I just hope all this doesn't stress her out too much and cause problems!

This was Rosie at tea time, before the fireworks started!

smudgley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Bless her :smt008 ~ good job you don't live here then CC. Been going off continuously (sp) since 5pm & very, very loud.
There must be at least a dozen folks letting them off & there have been a couple of big organised displays too.
I can just hear, boom, boom, bang bang, weeeeeeeeeee, pop bang, as I type this.

My dog & cats don't care less.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 10:31 PM
i know how u feel indie was fine until one went off when she went out for a wee. scared the shitout of me! lol. anyways, shes been panting, drooling and hyperventilating all night! and yes.. whimpering too! not nice ended up putting some music on really loud, mellow music and singing along to it. and it chilled her right out!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks Jenny, I was beginning to panic, thinking things were going wrong with the pregnancy, but it sounds as though you've had exactly the same experience as me tonight. Looks like I'll have to start singing then

She hadn't been out for a wee since 4.30pm and I knew she was bursting, she wouldn't wee indoors I tried to tell her it was ok to do it on the newspaper but she wouldn't We eventually went out around 9.30pm and she peed a river, since then she's settled down, maybe the pressure on her bladder wasn't too comfortable too!

This is the first time Rosie has taken any notice of the fireworks, but I suppose her hormones are playing a major part in that. Roll on Christmas..........lol.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Theyre still going on here and its 10.45pm now, buds is still trying to hide up my top, and candy is wanting to go out and kill them all, daisy is having a nervo breakdown and poppy is oblivious to them.This has been going on since 3.30pm
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2004, 11:08 PM
they are still going on here. Star got a bit scared earlier so we are holding off in taking her out til a bit later.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-11-2004, 11:09 PM
They've calmed down a bit now and Rocky is fast asleep - I diverted his attention by giving him treat after treat which he rarely gets (cos I dont think they are good for him) so he's worn out now

Hope Rosie and Indie are ok now.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 11:14 PM
Thankfuly my lot have sailed straight through okay the telly's been on in every room louder than normal and the CD on upstairs and they have had atreat of a smoked bone as well as in Sal's case three really good runs earlier today, starting at 5.30am and Tess has had a lovely run round the park about 3,00ish before it all got to bad so we have not done to badly even thouh been to my nieces 12h birthday party.

Karen
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
..........and I expect we'll have to go through it all again tomorrow She's 4 weeks pregnant and I'm at the paranoid stage, I just hope all this doesn't stress her out too much and cause problems!
This was Rosie at tea time, before the fireworks started!
CC just a thought as you bitch is in such a delicate condition..
I use Boots little sponge ear plugs to bath Amy, I am so fearful of Amy's bad heart with the fireworks that I put them in her ears tonight and sat with her next to me so she didn't shake them out and eat them.I had a video on loudly and there was not a peep from her she fell asleep...none of the usual pacing the floor shaking
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2004, 12:21 AM
deep sigh cos mine have been ok as well

after having one very very nervy dog in the past i am very relieved
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »