View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Tilly came to my Dads funeral. I don't see any problem with it at all. She was a great comfort to me and was not upset. Yes people were sad and crying but actually having her there brought people together. they all wanted to make a fuss of her after. As for the howling during the funeral, she was a star. She laid down and didn't hear a sound from her until the minister said her name during the service, at which point she stood up, barked and wagged her tail. My Dad would have approved no end. It may not be to others taste but for us, it was the right thing to do. My Dad adored Tilly and she adored him so I don't see why she shouldn't be there.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 08:04 PM
If my Mum's normal minister had not been on holiday at this time there would have been one dog at my Dad's funeral as he has a guide dog!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Have you ever seen a dog at a funeral ?
Had a conversation with someone who has made it known to her family that she wants her dog to attend her funeral..
There were dogs at my friend's husband funeral, they formed an"honour"guard outside. My friend & her late husband are/were very involved with dogs
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
People really ask for their pets to be pts to have their ashes put in their coffin? Is that not too disimalar to what Egyptians was it did with their slaves after they died? Tbh think with dogs at funerals it gives the people a bit of comfort, and although the sadness at a funeral would be felt by more people if the dog lives with close friends or family it will be affected by the grief already, I just think that it depends on the dog.
When I was told I might die sooner than expected last year, I told my faimily if I died, unless my sister could have Teagan, I wanted her pts and have her ashes with mine.
She is DA and has health issues, and I know my sister is the only person who could care for her in my absense.
Hopefully I won't be going so soon, but Teagan is very ill now, but I will be saving her ashes to go with mine (and the family know this too)
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
When I was told I might die sooner than expected last year, I told my faimily if I died, unless my sister could have Teagan, I wanted her pts and have her ashes with mine.
She is DA and has health issues, and I know my sister is the only person who could care for her in my absense.
Hopefully I won't be going so soon, but Teagan is very ill now, but I will be saving her ashes to go with mine (and the family know this too)
You are not going anywhere anytime soon. I send all my love to you and Teagan and hope that you both kick the butt of this horrific disease. You are an inspiration to me and to many others and I can understand the love and worry you feel for your precious girl. I just love the fact you two will be together forever. You have been through so much that nothing, especially 'that' can separate you. xxxx

tillytheterrier ~ my wonderful friend, I know that amazing, incredible little girl helped you through a such a distressing and horrible time. The fact she stood proud next to her Mum, makes me love her all the more. xxxx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 11:35 PM
My best friend and I shared a house all through getting selkie raising her as a puppy and training her. Selkie was as much her dog as mine and I always knew if anything happened to me, selkie would live with louise.

When Louise died suddenly and unexpectedly only a few years ago, her parents asked that selkie was there at her funeral and then to the scattering of her ashes. Now selkie has passed as well I will scatter her ashes with Louise.I know they will take good care of each other.

I would hope my dogs will be at my funeral and that my friends or family would look after them until their natural time, then bring them to rest with me.

It doesn't seem strange to me... And if they bark, so what and if they howl, then let them howl.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2011, 11:49 PM
I would rather hear a mournful howl than robbie willaims singing angels ...lol
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I would rather hear a mournful howl than robbie willaims singing angels ...lol
Don't get me started on THAT subject!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
When I was told I might die sooner than expected last year, I told my faimily if I died, unless my sister could have Teagan, I wanted her pts and have her ashes with mine.She is DA and has health issues, and I know my sister is the only person who could care for her in my absense.
Same here, if my family could not have Millie , she would be PTS!

Cant see a problem with having your dog at your funeral if thats what you want.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 08:48 AM
They are part of my family, so as that I would want them there, not that i would know if they wasn't, but my close family would know what I wanted. Also have to agree, I would rather have my dogs with me in my final journey than some of the vultures that will be there!!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >