Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2006, 02:52 PM

Blinking P@H dog toys!/Poppy swallowed plastic

Got Poppy a new toy in P@H yesterday, don't know why I keep wasting my money Within 5 minutes she'd chewed the label off and swallowed it, plus the poor little baa lamb's plastic nose and swallowed it.

Neither bits have come out in her poo so far today and she's as playful as normal. Do you think it will be necessary to take her to the vets? How long should I wait for the bits to pass through? or should I just see if she starts to seem off colour?
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Keep an eye on her for the time being. If she starts vomitting, this could be a sign of a blockage and you should seek veterinary attention
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks Minky.

A friend at work who has a labrador said that her dog ate the arms and legs from one of those toys with the tennis ball tummy, he didn't sick them up til 2 weeks later. She thought he'd just buried the bits in the garden!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:00 PM
I'd imagine tiny little pieces like Poppy has eaten should pass through eventually. I'm sure she'll be fine.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Harry25
Got Poppy a new toy in P@H yesterday, don't know why I keep wasting my money Within 5 minutes she'd chewed the label off and swallowed it, plus the poor little baa lamb's plastic nose and swallowed it.

Neither bits have come out in her poo so far today and she's as playful as normal. Do you think it will be necessary to take her to the vets? How long should I wait for the bits to pass through? or should I just see if she starts to seem off colour?
Hi Harry 25 It really depends on the 'nose'and if it is big enough to block the intestine of a dog the size of yours. Some plastics are none degradable and can be a real problem and this may not be evident for a number of days . Watch you dog to make sure it is passing faeces/ not vomiting or quiet/ and is eating ok. if you are concerned see the vet. The bits should pass through quite quickly.