Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Thanks everyone.

I sat down and had a good talk with my parents today, and we decided he can't stay

It really isn't what I want, and I am totally gutted about it, but I need to do what is best for my mum. If it was a skin allergy, then we would have tried various things to deal with it but because it is affecting her chest and breathing, made worse by asthma (or caused by the asthma) it just isn't fair on her. If it were me, I would suffer through it to keep him, but I can't ask my mum to do that... she wasn't the one who wanted Paddy, and while she loves dogs (once she gets to know them) she wouldn't choose to have one herself.

I feel terrible for both Paddy and my mum. Paddy would've had a loving home here, and now his future is uncertain, and I think he will end up with someone who IMO isn't suitable for him. I feel sorry for my mum too because she was good enough to allow me to keep Paddy, and then had to suffer for it. She is great with Paddy though, and has become really attached to him, so I really think she will miss him too.

If he goes to the home I think he will end up going to, then I will still see him lots and be walking him, so I can keep everyone updated on his progress. I think Jake will miss having a dog around, so hopefully at some point in the near future, when I am much nearer to moving out, we will start looking into a new addition.

Thanks again everyone I know some people will be critical about the decision, but it isn't one that has been made lightly, and we had to do what is best for my mum.
I really feel for you Lauren, you really are stuck in the middle of this, but please don't let him go to this home just because you will be able to see him and walk him, only let him go there if you know it will be a forever home and he won't be passed on again.

The person you spoke to me about, is she still interested in having him? If so then I am more than happy to rally round so we can organise getting him there, as I know that will be a forever home and he will be loved so much.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I really feel for you Lauren, you really are stuck in the middle of this, but please don't let him go to this home just because you will be able to see him and walk him, only let him go there if you know it will be a forever home and he won't be passed on again.

The person you spoke to me about, is she still interested in having him? If so then I am more than happy to rally round so we can organise getting him there, as I know that will be a forever home and he will be loved so much.
Thanks Sheree.

Oh, trust me, I really don't want him to go to this home and I have been ranting about it for ages (she said before I took Paddy that she wanted to keep him). Yeah, seeing him and walking him is a plus but I would rather he went to a good home where his needs will be met.

I think the person I spoke to you about is still interested but I would need to double check. I also need to speak to Ina about it when she gets home, but I'm not sure what her take will be on it... I think she might find it hard to say no to the person here who wants him...

I need to go out just now, but I will PM you tonight. I can't remember if I told you about the local home who wants him, and why I am against it so will fill you in.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm so sorry you can't keep him

If I didn't already have 3 or we moving soon I would offer him a home like a shot.

I really hope he finds a permanent home.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I think if you have genuine, unbias, serious doubts about a home that he may be going to then you need to speak up about it.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Bless ya! You're having such a hard time over Paddy at the mo, arent you?....

But I agree with you, your mum must come first.

Hopefully, Sheree will be able to help you get Paddy to his new forever loving home.

Good Luck xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
I'm so sorry you can't keep him

If I didn't already have 3 or we moving soon I would offer him a home like a shot.

I really hope he finds a permanent home.
Thanks, me too...

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I think if you have genuine, unbias, serious doubts about a home that he may be going to then you need to speak up about it.
I haven't said to the potential owner that I have concerns but I have to the woman who is rehoming him... and I will again when she gets back off her holiday. I also spoke to a few people who know us both, to ask if I am being unreasonable and they agree with me.

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Bless ya! You're having such a hard time over Paddy at the mo, arent you?....

But I agree with you, your mum must come first.

Hopefully, Sheree will be able to help you get Paddy to his new forever loving home.

Good Luck xx
I am having a terrible time over Paddy It is really getting to me...

My mum definitely must come first, same as if there was a problem with Jake after bringing Paddy home, then Jake would come first.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you can't keep him. I understand why and your Mum's health has to come first of course, doesn't make it any easier though does it?
My heart really goes out to you, if my Husband wasn't allergic to longer haired dogs then I'd have perhaps been able to foster for a while. So sorry it's turning out like this. I hope you can find him a great home.
Would it help if I cross posted about him on other forums?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 05:19 PM
hi Lozzi, any updates?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Why not put him in the hands of Setter resuce, surely they are the best people to find him a good forever home,
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I'm so sorry to hear you can't keep him. I understand why and your Mum's health has to come first of course, doesn't make it any easier though does it?
My heart really goes out to you, if my Husband wasn't allergic to longer haired dogs then I'd have perhaps been able to foster for a while. So sorry it's turning out like this. I hope you can find him a great home.
Would it help if I cross posted about him on other forums?
Thank you, it is really difficult but my mum must come first... I will miss the boy so much though

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
hi Lozzi, any updates?
We have a few potential homes lined up, the woman has just got back from her holiday so we had a chat today and will be having another chat tomorrow to hopefully get the ball rolling.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Why not put him in the hands of Setter resuce, surely they are the best people to find him a good forever home,
That isn't my decision to make. We also have a few experienced Setters owners as potential owners, so we are taking that route just now and if that fails then it will be the setter rescue as the next port of call.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >