Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
Wow!

The only coat of arms I have is through my maiden name. As my maiden name is originally from Scotland, we have our own tartan and originally had our own clan.
Made of the good stuff then Wolfie lol
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 07:40 PM

I've always said I have some Celtic blood in me
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 08:10 PM
My mum is currently tracing our family tree (on her side).
All she had to go on, was her parents DOB's, and her Mums maiden name!
She's got quite far back - she has been using the census(sp) that is online, and records offices online.
Then she sends off for a few birth/death certificated (they are only £7 each), and she has more names to go by.

What a lot of skeletons we have! My Grandad has 21 brothers and sisters (thats what my mum has found so far - there might be more!) His Dad was married to one woman, and the other women was his bit on the side. He killed one of them (knocked her off a stool), and she lost the baby she was carrying.
Also, hardly anyone in my family was married (which I find strange, as those generations tell us young uns that it's a sin to have sexs before marriage. Hypocrits!)
We've found where our family has come from - Newcastle and Ireland.

My mum hasn't got that far back yet either! Just a couple of generations!
Claire&Jay
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm tracing my hubby's family as our surname isn't too common or so i thought! My maiden name was Jones so i'm definately NOT going there! Only got to early 1800's so far, they're all from the East End of London so you never know we might have some naughty one's(not that i think people from the East End are all bad!!!! hope i've saved myself there )
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Well the oddest thing I've found so far is my Mom's great grandad lived in the same street - 5 houses down from my Dad's grandad - And that they were each others best man at their weddings? spooky eh?
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Amazing what a small world it is. My sister moved to Australia 8 years ago with a guy she was seeing his mother had a job as a vet over there and the whole family upped & went and Fiona went with them. Anyway the long & short is when Janet (her b/fs mother) got to her new practice the guy she was sharing with was called Alan Baker. He got talking about Islay as that is where they had moved from and he mentioned his family moved over from Islay....well Janet asked who his father was as Fionas family were Bakers, and it turned out his father was my Grandfathers brother (one of 13) he had never met or kept in contact with any other Scottish relatives, he met my sister and she now holidays at his place every 6 months and he is coming back to Islay this year for my brothers wedding he never thought he would ever meet any of his Scots family....amazing eh?
Kendo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-04-2005, 12:26 AM
Well I traced mine to way back to the 1600s on my dads side my gr gr gr grand da owned a plantation in 1875 in mississippi so I now know where I get my love of bull breeds lol
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 12:28 AM
U still up? lol I said I would come offline so you could call me didnt I lol.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 07:20 AM
my OH did his 2 years ago he got back to 17 something ...it was fab...he never knew his dad as his parents divorced when he was 4 ..he found that his dad had been married before and he now has 4 brothers and 2 sisters he never knew of just 10 miles away ...........
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2005, 08:47 AM
I have not reseasched it intensely, but on both Paternal and Maternal sides I am of Irish decent, from the Glens of Antrim, and the Newry areas late 1800's
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >