View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
julieiito
New Member!

15-03-2005, 08:33 PM

Passed Out? Please Help

Please can anyone help me my Dog Ito aged 9 a Pekingese is on medication, Frusemide 10mg, Spirolactone 0.5 of 25mg, Fortekor 5mg and Lanoxin 0.5 of 0.0625 A Day for his Heart Murmur, but happy in himself and very active, but there is one problem this is what happened for the reason of him started the medication every thing has been going really well for a couple of months until now started again. He can have two or three nights and not have them for a couple of weeks In the night Ito has been lay down on his chest he raises his head and back down for some reason this is a sign he lifts his head up as high as it will go fall over to his side his two front paws are shaking for a few seconds then he will scream out. I pick him up to hold him I keep calm talk to him to reassure him he is ok. A vet told me he has passed out but I have been to a different Vet but even he isn’t not sure. Has anyone been through the same thing as it worries me very much when Ito has these attacks

julieiito@yahoo.co.uk

Julie
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Sorry I cant help you Have you spoken to a cardiologist about this happening?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 08:38 PM
im not a vet but cud it be an angina attack? my dog when she was 14 suffered from this and wud do wot u described
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-03-2005, 10:36 PM
I agree with Jenny, it does sound like a heart attack, although I am now expert.

Ian
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2005, 12:02 AM
I have an 8 1/2yr old dog on Lanoxin pg, Fusamide and Vetmedin for his heart. Hes under a cardiologist with it. I cant give any adivse apart from getting a Cardio to check him out. He might just need one of his tablets altering. I know how worried you must be. I hope hes sorted soon.

Let us know how he gets on.
Meg
Supervisor

16-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Hi there julie I am so sorry to hear about you dog, it must be a great worry for you and very frightening to witness these episodes. My girl has a heart murmur but as yet is not on medication, you don't say what grade murmur your dog is but I am guessing 4+?. I hesitate to comment on possible causes for the problem, I am not a vet... it could I guess be a number of things...heart/medication..bearing in mind also the heart problem could be affecting blood flow to the brain... could the problem be neurological...something like a small fit? I would try to seek more information from a cardiologist. If it happened again, I would not pick up or move the dog but would make sure it was warm and cover if needed, and that it could breath easily ie on its side neck stretched out not bent,(by picking it up it may not be able to breath so well hunched up) then sit with it and stroke and talk softly to reassure because it must be very confused and scared.
I do hope things improve for you (((hug))) I may find myself in a similar situation one day
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi Mini, I was also thinking of a fit, but didn't want to in case I was wrong, if you know what I mean.

Ian
Meg
Supervisor

16-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Hi Mini, I was also thinking of a fit, but didn't want to in case I was wrong, if you know what I mean.
Ian
Thank you Ian you may be right , I think it could be many things but it may help Julie a little to know what we are thinking so she can research it

Julie you sent me a PM, but I will post to help others who may have a similar problem at some time..the reason I said about food is this, I was told to keep Amy's salt content down if I could I can't feed fresh for a number of reasons so feed the next best thing which to me is 'Burns' which contains no salt or additives. A word of warning though..happy as I am to tell you this, take care about changing the food of a sick dog on medication without the vets approval, I would think twice anyway.. perhaps you can tell me what you feed If you already feed a complete food you may change ok but gradually.....if you feed tinned or other you should not change ..your dog is already on 'water' tablets and to mess around with water content is not good Will maybe speak to you later