Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 06:37 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread (Friday)

Morning all,

I thought I'd start the thread as I've been up for sometime ..... I think the dogs ate too much deer pooh yesterday :

My visit to my Mum last night went brilliantly and she has responded to the abs really well and was much more herself although naturally very weak and still slightly jaundiced. I was hugely relieved ..... even my son was amazed who thought he was going to be saying his final farewell. ..... she lives another day

The rain is relentless, so everything crossed (inlcuding my eyes) that the floods don't come back

Not much sleep here last night as I woke up with my phone beeping me a message. It was my eldest asking me to phone Vodofone to put a block on his SIM as his phone was stolen (he's in Thailand). There was me sitting in our lounge from 1.45 through to nearly 2.30 chatting to people on the phone ...... talk about beyond the call of duty

I will certainly be having a nap later

I hope this morning finds you and your dogs all well.
See you later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Morning Jenny sounds like you haven't seen your bed.
The things we do for our dogs and children. Really pleased your mum has rallied must be a relief one less worry and fingers crossed the rain doesn't flood you again.

Not raining here at the moment but it rained last night heavily I do wish it would it stop now.
Listening to the news about the 3 year old who has gone missing from his bed. Hopefully he will be found safe and well today.
Not much on today health clinic at just gone 3 really hoping these bandages can be ditched its been 3 weeks today walk Dillon and Gorden is home tonight. Better run the hoover round too at some point.
We are having a take away tonight the first one since living here so we are testing the waters.

June I hope it all goes smoothly today the journey and the vet visit. Looking forward to the photos from Lynne.
Bev any news on Charly ?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Morning Jenny, Morning Lynn, very dark morning this morning I hope it will get light soon Amber is waiting to go out and also want to see if the birds have enough food too out there.

Jenny, glad to hear your mum has rallied hopefully she will be even better today.

Lynn, I hope for your sake you loose the bandages today. You will still have to be careful though. take care.

Helena hope you got my message ok it is on pg 5 of yesterdays thread I believe.

Bev. Do please pop in and let us know how Charly got on.

Malka, so very sorry that Pereg went into another seizure again I suppose the blood tests will have to be put back again. Anyway I hope you have managed to settle her and are now getting some more rest, you'll need it.

June, have a good trip to the vets today I hope it all goes well.

Have a good day everyone, better go battle this wind and rain I suppose and take Amber for a walk it is just about light enough. God bless.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 07:54 AM
Morning Jenny, Lynn, Moyra and everyone

So pleased to hear your mum has made it back to her old self with the ab's there Jenny. That's how it goes, these infections cause havoc in old age, and eventually, that's how I always knew when my mum had got another one, when she went all strange on me. It's great to hear you can stop worrying so much now, but not so good that you've lost so much sleep overnight doing that phone. Hope your son is ok over there though and wasn't mugged for that phone Always something to worry about isn't there, and then now the poor dogs as well

Hope you have better luck than we did with the take away Lynn, remember that Curry we got before Christmas I couldn''t believe how Trip Advisor rated it so highly, but maybe they do the reviews themselves. Oh let's hope that bandage can come off this afternoon, you won't know yourself having two hands again will ya

Hi Moyra, no I haven't looked yet, but thanks very much, I'll go and see. I did see about the spacers, but then I asked you another question about the mosaics, so hopefully, that's what you've come back with for me. Thank Steve for us won't you please.

Poor Dave is suffering with this cold. I was awoken by a dog barking at 5 am, got up to look out the window, only to find that Dave had let Zena out She has never wanted to go out before I get up since we moved here, but he said she wanted to. Errr, no, it was because he was up and he let her out. I worry about these badgers we've got here, but thankfully, they must have gone back to bed, but God knows what she barked at cos she's not a barker when you let her out even in the dark.

Off to the van after my walk, the guests have moved out and I need to give it a thorough clean and stripping out ready for it to be shut down for a month.

The wind overnight was horrendous, torrential rain at times too, but it's dry now.

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll try and pop in later if I can.

ETA: Having read back a bit through yesterday's, thanks Moyra, Dave is well happy now!

Elaine, Hope you're feeling better and if not, you could have concussion? When the top corner of the car door smashed into the side of my head, it was days before I felt normal, I came over all funny in Morrisons a couple of days after the bang, and took myself straight to the hospital, and you might need to do the same, cos bangs on heads are not to be ignored, if only to get the ok that all is well. Poor you.xxx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Morning all.
Good news about your mum Jenny what a relief for you. She sounds a fighter. Dogs & Kids who'd ave em.
Good luck at the clinic later Lynn
everyone else.
No pressure to get some good photos for me then I've got to go shopping first - after taking Taff out & then it's Puuuuuppppiiiieeee time
See you all later.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Good morning fellow members another wild wet night and flooded kitchen and the fields are one big lake again much to Chloe's disgust.

I have caught Hannah's cold . I am off to have a nice hot shower before tackling the ironing.

Enjoy your day everyone .
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Morning Jenny and all
Oh dear Jenny things do seemed stacked against you at the moment. Hope you get it all sorted soon
Lynn good luck with your check today.
Morning Moyra.
Morning Helena, I hope Dave is feeling better today.
Have a good day Lynne and TW.
Meg I hope that cold doesn't develope any further.
Well my hairdresser was supposed to be here at 8-30 this morning but she hasn't turned up. So unlike her, in 5 years she has never let me down
I will give her a ring later.
Very heavy showers over night and there is another starting now
Hope you all have a good day.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Morning
JENNY,delighted its good news for mum
LYNN,thinking about that wee 3 year old too A nightmare
No sign of MALKA yet?
LYNNE,have a great time with the puppies
(( hugs)) MEG,never mind the ironing,put your feet up
Hi HELENA & MOYRA
Raining here at the mo but I think it'll dry up,hope so,have lots of washing to do.Taking herself out,she's been on jelly beans or something this morning,high as a kite
Will see ya in a bit
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Oh Hi NIPPY JENNY
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2014, 10:00 AM

Jenny - I am very glad to hear that your Mum was much better when you saw her last night. I hope the rain does not cause the flooding to come back.

Moyra - I have updated Pereg's thread so you can see the situation as it is at the moment.

Lynn - good luck at the clinic.

June - good luck at the vets.

Lynne - please do not forget your camera - fully charged, I hope!

Eileen - see my message to Moyra.

Meg - I hope you feel better soon.

Nippy - have you heard from your hairdresser?

Helena - hope Dave feels better today

Has anyone heard from Bev about Charly?

I cannot remember anything else, sorry, as I have now had two nights with virtually no sleep, but I hope everyone has a good day.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »