Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by scottish boxer
now dont you lot laugh but my first job was a lift attendant in what was then called benzie millers oh my god I can still remember 3rd floor ladies wear hats and shoes sooo funny now but at the time for my sat I got £1.00 and thought that I was rich must be getting really old there are no such thing now I had a wee hat and trouser suit ha! cute or what !
I only laughed a little ...

You must have looked stunning How about digging out some pics, and posting them
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Russ
My first job was a milkman,
The things you see at 2 in the morning lol.
2 in the morning?????? That is bloody ridiculously early!!! Who needs milk at 2 in the morning????? (apart from dogwebbers that are up all night.
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 11:50 AM
My first ever job (apart from things done at home for pocket money), was at at the local supermarket in the bakery section. I was 12 at the time (illegal). We had to pack bread rolls into bags for ppl, or put cakes / pastries in boxes for them. Everyone wanted the bread rolls straight oput the oven. we had to wear plastic gloves for hygiene reasons, and the gloves would literally melt onto our hands

Many jobs inbetween

First job after school. I worked for an advertising agency as a receptionist. It was in a nice big house in a lovely area. No-one lived in the house, so my dog went to work with me, and pottered around in the garden all day, slept under my desk when boss was out. On really hot days (and there are many here), we would divert the work phones to my mobile and we would all go sit on the top step in the swimming pool and drink cold beer & cider. Fantastic!!! And i got paid to do this!!??
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 01:45 PM
My first job was age 14 a petrol pump assistant..I had to fill up the cars with petrol..I got 1 pound per hr...horrible job

But I got sacked for filling up my mates mopeds for free (should have paid me more money )
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I've worked since I was really young!
My mum has a shop, so I've worked behind the counter for years!

My first job after leaving school was in a gift shop in town. It was really cool! I got £2.60 an hour, and I did 4 hours. It only just paid for my bus fare there and back! lol

My first 'proper' job after I left college was at a company called CCA - they make greetings cards for shops, and do personalised stationary (letterheads, business cards, wedding invites etc).
I worked there from August to December as x-mas staff, on customer services. I hated it! But it was decent money.

I haven't worked since then, up until January, and now I work in Batleys cash & carry!
Thats my 2nd proper job! lol
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 02:05 PM
my first job was 2 weeks work experience at a riding and racing stables, was really tiring and in the peak of summer so i got all burnt! lol.
I then worked in a cafe at the weekends and had to cycle 5 miles there and back
im 20 now and so far ive worked at: stables, lucky duck cafe, babysitter, newspaper deliverer, percy arms pub, polo club (3 yrs!), house of frasier, wetherspoons, nandos, tgi fridays! oh dear
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-04-2005, 02:43 PM
My first job was in an Accountants office , as an office clerk. I remember bringing home £28 per month!
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 03:56 PM
i don't have a first job - not even a paper round. don't even want to do paper round. but wot i do wanna do is maybe is a vet??
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 03:58 PM
My first job was a goverment scheme, (interchurch it was called) it was all in one big building, males and females doing catering, childcare, building and something else, It was naff, the building was actually on the place as it wasn't finished, the catering was making everyones dinner. It was only the actual childcare that took you off the premises. You were supposed to do so many months of each but I got sacked during my catering months for throwing pastry on the ceiling
Then I got a job in a hotel where my mam worked, doing this and that. Moved to London when I was 17 and became a nanny.

Mitch
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by doglover
i don't have a first job - not even a paper round. don't even want to do paper round. but wot i do wanna do is maybe is a vet??
if u wanna be a vet, its a good idea to send some letters to vets in ur area asking if they take on people for work experience. I did that and got 1 week work experience at a vets. Tho i nearly fainted on first day watchin an op and never went back! argh!
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »