Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 12:20 PM

Sheep Rustling

sheep rustling is on the increase round our way..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/8644065.stm
Police in the Scottish Borders have appealed for information over an "upsurge" in sheep thefts in the area.

More than 40 ewes and 80 lambs have been taken in three separate incidents in the last two weeks.

Lothian and Borders Police have asked farmers and anyone using the countryside to be "vigilant" for suspicious activity.

Anyone with information has been urged to contact police or the confidential Crimestoppers phoneline.

Also
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/8650990.stm
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this one Fiona. I will keep an eye out for any suspicious looking characters, especially this weekend, as we do tend to get loads of people up here on a Bank Holiday weekend.

One of the keepers had their Landrover broken into and all the tyres slashed a couple of days ago!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Thanks for the heads up on this one Fiona. I will keep an eye out for any suspicious looking characters, especially this weekend, as we do tend to get loads of people up here on a Bank Holiday weekend.

One of the keepers had their Landrover broken into and all the tyres slashed a couple of days ago!
You just don't expect that up where you are do you

Can't imagine that a holiday maker would try and sheep steal though - can you imagine them trying to fit it in the car on the way home! (mind you, nothing would surprise me really!)
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 07:01 AM
No you don't expect it somewhere as rural, but then unfortunately there are scumbags everywhere

I don't think day-trippers would try to steal the sheep in their cars , but you get certain types of toe-rags out for a run in their sooped up cars, with their loud mates and cans of beer, who may just have a dodgy background and spot all the sheep/lambs in the fields and have a "bright" idea!