Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 09:49 AM

The kids neighbours are kicking & screaming

the rabbit hutch in with the rabbit inside...

I have very little respect for a parent who sits out in the yard smoking her cigarette and lets her kids do this in front of her.... time and time again.

What do you do? If we complain then when we eventually get our puppy we're positive they'll find a way to make trouble for us

Poor wee rabbit
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 09:59 AM
How terrible, poor poor little rabbit Can't believe how some people let their children have animals and then treat them this way. Have you tried your local RSPCA or say a rabbit or small animal rescue. I know how you feel though some neighbours are out for revenge if you report them, it must be a very hard situation for you to be in and hell for you to watch
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 10:08 AM
OH thought of a midnight rescue attempt LOL obviously not the solution

It's a fragile situation that's for sure
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Maybe the children, and mum, are fed up with the poor rabbit now the novelty has worn off. Perhaps you could offer to take/buy the bunny if they don't want it and then try to re-home it? They might just be pleased to be rid of the feeding, cleaning out, etc.?
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

17-05-2005, 10:33 AM
what a horrible situation to be in - I think I would be tempted to do a midnight rescue as well
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Why not make an annonymous phonecall? That way they won't know it was you who reported them!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Maybe the children, and mum, are fed up with the poor rabbit now the novelty has worn off. Perhaps you could offer to take/buy the bunny if they don't want it and then try to re-home it? They might just be pleased to be rid of the feeding, cleaning out, etc.?
Great idea - but they've only had it for 2ish weeks and they had one prior to that which died which my OH suspects it died from a stress related illness (apparently quite common in rabbits). We think that they're in it for the long haul - it's a replacement for the one which died.

I wish we could do as you suggest as it is a great suggestion but the circumstance just doesn't fit. The boundaries are just so delicate.

maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by tjhoe68
Why not make an annonymous phonecall? That way they won't know it was you who reported them!
Unfortunately they'll know - it'll be either us or the neighbours to the other side who can see in so it's a 50/50 guess of who it will be and they'll guess us because I'm the only person out of the houses who works from home - and it's during the day when they let their kids out..

We keep ourselves to ourselves, we can't use our garden much because they are constantly outside screaming (4 young kids), and occasionally throwing things into our garden. There has been a few times when it has gotten too much - we've never said anything to them or been rude at all but we've had to bang on a few windows to divert their attention just to stop them from throwing liquids into our garden, and kicking our fence in.

So we've bought a whole lot of bamboo to plant along the fence to try and act as a sound barrier to the kids - we want to be able to enjoy our garden with Fern, and we are hoping this summer to actually entertain friends without the kids interferring.

Fingerscrossed
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Tell the children the story about the little bunny who grew overnight after having to put up with his cage being kicked and whilst the children where sleeping, he bunny hopped through the bedroom window and gave them all a good kicking!!!

Only kidding of course what a difficult position to be in Poor rabbit
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Good story - does the bunny have fangs & nip the parents on the ankles LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >