register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

16-05-2005, 10:01 AM
I cry at any film where an animal dies or gets injured - the most embarrasing film I have cried at was at Godzilla - I left the pictures sobbing my heart out - Godzilla was sooo misunderstood - I now don't watch any film where an animal, mythical beast, robot etc gets harmed or killed - I know I'm a big baby!
Annie18
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Not really a sad film but I always cry at the end of Field of Dreams when Kevin Costner's father turns up! Love that film altogether and never get fed up seeing it.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by afc101
The sadest film for me would have to Ben, which I saw when I was 5 or 6. I can't remember to much about the film, but even to this day I can vividly remember being in floods of tears. Another film that got be going was one about a boy and his dog (no, not lassie ) It was set in America and the dog saved the boy from a bunch of wild boar's. I think it finished with the dog being put to sleep as he had caught rabbies form the boar's That was a really hard film to watch as we were watching it at school and at the time I was about 12 and i didn't want to show myself getting upset in front of my mates
It would have been Old Yeller

I weep buckets at the end even though it had a twist in the tail at the very end All I could ever remember was that the dog was trained/owned by "Lassie"'s owner Rudd Weatherwax(whose son still does movies with Lassie & other dogs) who also owned & trained Toto in Over the Rainbow

My saddest film was "Schindler's List" especially the scene with the little girl in the red coat(I think it was white in real life)
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2005, 10:30 AM
The Colour Purple is very sad!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Emm
I cry at any film where an animal dies or gets injured - the most embarrasing film I have cried at was at Godzilla - I left the pictures sobbing my heart out - Godzilla was sooo misunderstood - I now don't watch any film where an animal, mythical beast, robot etc gets harmed or killed - I know I'm a big baby!
Well Emm, you're not on your own. King Kong(when he's on top of the Empire and they're shooting at him), any Disney films that have animals in, etc. ball my eyes out!!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 11:00 AM
The saddest film for me is Schindlers List, followed by The Green Mile.
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Another few sad ones, Go toward the light? About a liitle boy who gets aids, very sad also can't remember what it's called but it was about a white GSD who had been trained by his owner to kill black people, he was rescued and worked with and he was doing really well then at the end of the film he saw a man who looked like his previous owner and went for him and was shot. Then there's Titanic and The lion king when Simbas daddy dies.

I haven't seen Schindlers list yet but I want to. Can't watch it as OH has watched it and he finds it very upsetting so won't let me watch it while he's here!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 11:40 AM
...and The Bridges of Maddison County, where Meryl Streep is agonising about going away with Clint Eastwood and the rain is lashing and she's watching his jeep through the raindrops on her windscreen and her hand goes to the door handle and you go 'go on, go on' but then her sense of duty overtakes her and she goes back..................
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 11:50 AM
didnt like ' the passion of christ', mainly cos it was such a disgusting film. it was really horrific and cant believe they would put anything like that on tv!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Turner & Hooch - I sob when hooch dies at the end but then end up laughing when Tom Hanks rushes home to Hooch Jr being a naughty pup

The Green Mile - such a beautiful film

Tears of the Sun (Bruce Wilis) - quite horrific in places

Gone With the Wind - I always sob when Bonnie dies after falling of the pony
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >