View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh god thats bad. I'm not really meant to be a driver.....much prefer walking and biking. It's quicker most of the time.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Glad you're ok! Our roads are getting to be a nightmare now aren't they. My husband was coming home from work the night before last in one of his customer's cars, when all of a sudden he was rammed up the backside by 3 young guys in a Renault who then sped past him with bits of their car flying all over the place (including the number plate!)sticking a finger up in the air to my husband. He phoned the Police and they were very grateful for his call as they were just off to arrest the young lad who had finally stuffed the car into somebody's house further on down the road. That could have been my husband though that they injured! He was drugged up to the eyeballs and is going to be suitably sentenced - I hope! I really think the Police should be out there armed with equipment to test people for driving under the influence of drugs, let alone drink!
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2005, 08:00 AM
We were driving along the A46 yesterday when an ambulance came screaming up on the other side of the road. Naturally, our long line of traffic slowed right down, failry quickly I might say, in order to move over and let it go past.

Stephen applied his brakes like the car in front of us and then, to his horror, realised that the car behind us had obviously spotted our brakes go on, swerved onto the side of the road, hit a rut, gone over onto its roof and then slid across the road

We waited for the Police to arrive before we left ...and also 3 fire engines, 2 ambulances and the ambicopter The chap wasn't wearing a seat belt but he was awake ....still don't know how badly he was hurt.

Stephen said that the chap had been coming up right behind us all the way from Newark ..a pointless excercise as we were in a long queue of traffic ...and we had JUST gone through a village with a speed restriction. We suppose that he was speeding up coming out of the village and got distracted and looked at the ambulance, when he looked back he realised he couldn't brake in time Mind you, thank goodness he didn't ram straight into the back of us I suppose
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Glad to say I'm a good driver!!!! They just keep shifting the places that I'm trying to find!!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2