Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Do you recycle?
Yes, I recycle and Local Authority provides household bins 31 65.96%
Yes, but Local Authority does not provide household bins 7 14.89%
No, but I would if Local Authority provided household bins 9 19.15%
No I do not recycle, and still would not if Local Authority provided bins 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I think it may be the straight jacket next Helena Yes you are right you are my friend, my one and only friend besides my dog - who only likes me when I don't hiccup, sneeze, bath him, put eardrops in his ears, brush him. He quite likes me feeding him for some reason though (Oh and walking seems okay in his book too!)
and me!!!!!! you need friends like us Foxy, at least this way you know you'll have someone to talk to when they cart us all away
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Yes at least we will have something to talk about in 'The Van'. (Thats if I can get a word in for Helena, she DOES talk an awful lot doesn't she? - its okay she will be tucked up in bed with her teddy and her little jim-jams now snoring her head off)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Suggest you bring a very big roll of duck tape with you Foxy if you're getting in that van with us! Lol! You can use most of it for my big gob and the rest for a makeshift straightjacket
For once, I'm all talked out today as had some real friends over for lunch and one of them is too chatty for my liking, I could hardly get a word in edgeways, so I won't be inviting her again!
My dustmen came today btw and emptied my sparkly new recycling bin, so I stood guard to make sure they treated it with respect as I didn't want it's lovely shiny coat all scratched.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2005, 05:19 PM
HAH!! Our Council doesn't even collect from the house - we have to take all refuse to the end of the road in bags, or take it down to their motley selection of skips!

The muck-truck doesn't separate the bags, even if we do - so if we want to recycle, we have to separate all the things at their dump!

Their attitude to glass bottles is strange: we are supposed to sort them into colours, so we do - then the Council collects them and mixes them all together again, to use as road-surfacing aggregate. So why do they want them sorted?

Their container for scrap cans is very small and usually overflowing. There is a tank for waste oil, and a separate place for old fridges, and they will accept paper.

General waste? Believe it or not, this gets shipped almost 100 miles up north to Shetland, where it is incinerated to supply heat to the nearby Council estate in Lerwick!

So we does the bestest we can

Snorri
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6