Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Do you recycle?
Yes, I recycle and Local Authority provides household bins 31 65.96%
Yes, but Local Authority does not provide household bins 7 14.89%
No, but I would if Local Authority provided household bins 9 19.15%
No I do not recycle, and still would not if Local Authority provided bins 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi Ashlady,

Just trying to protect you before you get to the stage that Helena is at (its way toooo late for her!)

No don't get on pets much now (too busy on here I think) everytime I look on pets lately its about cats and I don't know much about them (don't know much about dogs either LOL) I have been keeping out of the Bull upstairs too, might shock them all and pop in next week
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 02:18 PM
I look everyday, just think its really quite sad, a few months ago we 'ruled' the pets!!!Lol and now hardly anyone calls in at all. Love to you and yours, AL x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Ohhhh Noooo, there are two loonies on the loose, I think we are even past the 'white van' stage now What are we going to do with you two? Helena I am sorry to tell you this but you are definitely past help and Ashlady I am sure you are one of Helena's distant cousins or something! What I want to know is - can dogweb cope with two of you????

PS Nice piccy of your Bins Helena, will post one of my black dustbin with O.M.B.C. on it and my green one tomorrow (the green one is particularly nice, such a lovely colour!)

(only 53 posts to go to being a Senior dogwebber YIPPEEE!!!)

PPS, Sorry nearly forgot about my green plastic bag which I recycle my newspapers in, much nicer than the white bags that they used to give out, will photograph it tomorrow, just hope it smiles nicely
don't worry all we have our very own Dogweb white van complete with nurse Annestaff and the sedatives you will all be fine ..
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
:smt043 Mini, it's at times like these you find out just who your friends are! :smt043
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Lolol
Cazzh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2005, 06:41 PM
We recycle here. The council provided a bin for tins, paper products and plastic bottles plus a seperate box for glass containers etc. We soon got into it and have been doing it about a year now. We also have an allotment and my husband makes compost for it using all our guinea pig muck (we have 30 of them at the moment!) and we have a bucket set aside to empty in any food that they or the Chinchillas leave as that can be composted too! The allotment provides both us and the guinea pigs with fresh veg and the guinea pigs provide compost in return.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hi Ashlady,

Just trying to protect you before you get to the stage that Helena is at (its way toooo late for her!)

No don't get on pets much now (too busy on here I think) everytime I look on pets lately its about cats and I don't know much about them (don't know much about dogs either LOL) I have been keeping out of the Bull upstairs too, might shock them all and pop in next week
Oi You! I thought you were my friend
You know you wouldn't want them to take me away really Foxy, but I'm beginning to think you're right about the no hope situation here, as my o/h keeps making comments like that, so maybe I am in need of help and that medication I'm on isn't working
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 12:08 PM
well ther eis no posh wheelbins here but we do get free white bags. they are for anythink that can be recycled. i have noticed that i now put 2 what bags out and only 2 black bags not 5 like i used to (the white bags are v. big)
the only problem i have is the OH. the kids know what bag to use and even the baby will put it in what ever bag you tell him to. but the OH always put every thing in the black bags but if i see it i do put it in the right1
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 09:36 PM
I think it may be the straight jacket next Helena Yes you are right you are my friend, my one and only friend besides my dog - who only likes me when I don't hiccup, sneeze, bath him, put eardrops in his ears, brush him. He quite likes me feeding him for some reason though (Oh and walking seems okay in his book too!)
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 09:47 PM
We have one black wheelie bin at the moment that takes all the general rubbish which we have had in this borough since 1993 and a green wheelie bin that is for all the garden rubbish like flowers and grass etc. Some of the people in the area have got little black boxes for recyling tin cans and plastic bottles I think but they are that tiny that they are not worth it because they don't fit very many in We also have a green bag, that used to be a white bag, but is now a green bag that we recycle newspapers in every fortnight. The green bin is also emptied every fortnight in summer
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >