Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Do you recycle?
Yes, I recycle and Local Authority provides household bins 31 65.96%
Yes, but Local Authority does not provide household bins 7 14.89%
No, but I would if Local Authority provided household bins 9 19.15%
No I do not recycle, and still would not if Local Authority provided bins 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Hey Helena, we are not allowed to recycle any plastics at home, so they go into a bag and I drop them off on the way to work. I tried going on to the website to check out whether we could recycle yogurt pots et. and ended up with a migrane, its like a swearing minefield!!!! Take care, Ashlady x
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks Olive. Some of the big companies( As where Pj works), have a fantastic system in place, I can't even pinch the old printer cartridges for the RSPB 'cos they already recycle them!! Lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Hey Helena, we are not allowed to recycle any plastics at home, so they go into a bag and I drop them off on the way to work. I tried going on to the website to check out whether we could recycle yogurt pots et. and ended up with a migrane, its like a swearing minefield!!!! Take care, Ashlady x
Hi Ashlady, just took this pic of my label on my bin and on the top of the list for "donts" is the milk bottles and yoghurt pots! I won't tell them though about you! Lol!

Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi Helena, plastic milk bottles are on the O.K. list??? Looks like I'll have to think of something else to do with the yogurt pots eh? What a lovely pic of your Dusty and his coat is sooooo shiny, I've not seen that colouration before, but then I'm no expert in the breed :smt043

So here's a question, if they have a long list of the plastics we cannot recycle, why not make that stuff out of the plastics we can????
Regards, Victor Meldrew
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Hi Helena, plastic milk bottles are on the O.K. list??? Looks like I'll have to think of something else to do with the yogurt pots eh? What a lovely pic of your Dusty and his coat is sooooo shiny, I've not seen that colouration before, but then I'm no expert in the breed :smt043

So here's a question, if they have a long list of the plastics we cannot recycle, why not make that stuff out of the plastics we can????
Regards, Victor Meldrew
OMG what am I like!!! Good job I spoke to you!! I saw the milk on the right hand side and my brain told me "bottles" before I got as far as the carton bit for some reason! (They don't put it in cartons anymore though do they! That's just to confuse me though)Nowthat you have pointed it out, I will put them in my recycle bin then! I really think I am worse than you now Ashlady, so it's a good job I've got you on here now for some help when I need it!

Your kind comments about my new "wheelie" have been greatfully accepted, and yes, his colour is very unusual but I'm finding they are becoming quite common around here now! He is only shiny because he is new though, he won't make it through another winter looking like that under my lime tree with the crows nesting in it! No, I'm not going there, I'm trying to give it up, THAT subject I mean! He's cheap to keep too, as he only eats what we don't use from our food, and very easy to walk as he has a rear set of wheels to pull him around on!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I really think I am worse than you now Ashlady, so it's a good job I've got you on here now for some help when I need it!
NOW?!?!?!?
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2005, 05:13 PM
We got green bins for garden waste, but it doesn't include dog poop I could fill it up with that
I go to the bottle bank, and plastic bank. I'm ashamed all of the wine bottles I put in but they keep me sane Roxy a bit like you
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Durham City Council started to recycle things back in 2002, we got a green open box to put all your paper cans and bottles into, if you have a lot of anything it can get quite heavy and awkward to keep tidy.

I was suprised how much could be recycled, however I wish we had a plastic recycling scheme going and also a one for cardboard.

Ian
Knew there was a reason to move to Darlington!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Ohhhh Noooo, there are two loonies on the loose, I think we are even past the 'white van' stage now What are we going to do with you two? Helena I am sorry to tell you this but you are definitely past help and Ashlady I am sure you are one of Helena's distant cousins or something! What I want to know is - can dogweb cope with two of you????

PS Nice piccy of your Bins Helena, will post one of my black dustbin with O.M.B.C. on it and my green one tomorrow (the green one is particularly nice, such a lovely colour!)

(only 53 posts to go to being a Senior dogwebber YIPPEEE!!!)

PPS, Sorry nearly forgot about my green plastic bag which I recycle my newspapers in, much nicer than the white bags that they used to give out, will photograph it tomorrow, just hope it smiles nicely
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Ohhhh Noooo, there are two loonies on the loose, I think we are even past the 'white van' stage now What are we going to do with you two? Helena I am sorry to tell you this but you are definitely past help and Ashlady I am sure you are one of Helena's distant cousins or something! What I want to know is - can dogweb cope with two of you????

PS Nice piccy of your Bins Helena, will post one of my black dustbin with O.M.B.C. on it and my green one tomorrow (the green one is particularly nice, such a lovely colour!)

(only 53 posts to go to being a Senior dogwebber YIPPEEE!!!)

PPS, Sorry nearly forgot about my green plastic bag which I recycle my newspapers in, much nicer than the white bags that they used to give out, will photograph it tomorrow, just hope it smiles nicely
Foxy, you say the nicest things LOL
Haven't seen you on Pets for a while, AL x
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >