Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Do you recycle?
Yes, I recycle and Local Authority provides household bins 31 65.96%
Yes, but Local Authority does not provide household bins 7 14.89%
No, but I would if Local Authority provided household bins 9 19.15%
No I do not recycle, and still would not if Local Authority provided bins 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 12:59 PM

Recycling??

About a month ago our council supplied us all with recycling bins, one for paper, cans, plastics and one for garden waste, grass etc. So we now have three wheelie bins, our normal bin for non recyclable stuff, and the two recycling ones. I have never really recycled in the past, just paper and magazines when I remembered, so I can't believe how much I am able to recycle when I put my mind to it. My recycle bin is full every fortnight compared to my normal bin that is now only half full. The vast majority of my household waste is recyclable, it's been a real eye-opener.
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2005, 01:04 PM
I really wish they would do that here. I would readily recycle but we don't have much space and I'm too lazy to go to the recycling point every few days. I don't understand why the council don't do it because it would probably make them money.

Graeme
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 01:05 PM
We have recycling bags here and a bin for garden waste. We will soon only have our regular waste collected fortnightly instead of weekly and it put us in a bit of a panic, but the amount of rubbish that's recyclable far outweighs the regular waste. It's amazing really!

As you say, a real eye opener
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 01:36 PM
We have a wheelie bin for garden waste (But I don't use it...My garden is at the back, and access is only through the house - so would be messy).
We also have a green box for: cardboard, cans/tins and bottles.
We have blue bags for paper.

Since I started using the box, my household waste bin doesn't get as full!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-05-2005, 01:39 PM
we have blue bags for paper and magazines to take to the bins and along the road from me we have the large glass recycle bins and one for cans.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 01:49 PM
We have blue bags for papers etc but that's it I'm afraid! I live in a village so it takes at least 10 years before we get to try anything town people get to do!!
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-05-2005, 01:55 PM
We have a blue box for bottles and tins, emptied once a fortnight. Bit embarrasing when you realise how much alcohol you have consummed, and at 7 in the morning when they empty the box.
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 02:11 PM
We have three wheely bins. The green one takes garden waste and glass (yes, both in the same bin ) The we have a brown bin for plastic, tins , paper and acrdboard and then we have a black bin for everything else

One week the brown and green bins get emptied, the next week it is the black one, seems to work okay
Claire&Jay
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2005, 02:20 PM
we have a green wheelie bin for garden waste and folded cardboard,a black one for household waste a blue box for glass/tins/old clothes and a blue bag for paper. The only thing that bugs me is that the council here don't recycle plastic - which i think is a bit strange. We have at least 3 6pint jugs of milk a week sometimes more as well as the usual plastic waste.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Our council don't have a place for plastic either!
So much packaging etc is plastic! It all ends up in the bin!
Having one for old clothes is a good idea! Wish we had that too!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »