Our sister sites
Our sister sites
saraUK
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the advice guys.

Clob: Thanks for the offer, it is greatly appreciated but I don't like the use of e-collars so don't think it's the right option for me.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Off topic or chat posts merged:

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Brierley wrote
Etc Etc....

Clob
Scratches head.....pauses....reads again....I think the best bet is to go back to P1 and read through again Brierley. I don't undrestand anything you have written in the context of whats been said.

I had realised straight away that I had confused the two cases you reported on Denis so removed the post within two minutes (that'll teach me not to skim read )
-end-
Clob
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Sara
Clob: Thanks for the offer, it is greatly appreciated but I don't like the use of e-collars so don't think it's the right option for me.

Clob
OK thats fine.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Clob
I have someone ready for starting a resuce dog, I will be useing an e-collar as a training aid so its a good chance to get some first hand knowledge on them, I have no problem in someone trying to pick up some techniques, probably back end of next week, around kensington.

If this is the westie you mentioned, I turst you are insured and I trust the dog has had a vet check.

(By the way, the info you sent against positive training to defra included a staffie; I remember the case and the lady was told by you she was drunk! Poor woman. You also said yes, her dog should be put to sleep (you are clever at editing as you missed that out of your quote!!).Also her dogs was helped by an APBC behaviourist - she came on later to give an update. She was upset by your recommendations, not helped).
saraUK
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all you advice. I emailed a few trainers who are registered with the APDT and a lady got back to me so I'll be going along to the class on thursday!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 06:46 AM
Good luck, hope you enjoy it!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2