View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 08:56 PM

Almost £1200 for Labradoodle-record high?

Whilst waiting for Jamie to get ready to go out today I flicked through "Preloved" dogs site. Was shocked to find some "Labradoodle" puppies on there for £1195!

They were called "Parti Labradoodles" which means Labrador crossed with a Parti Poodle.

Eek-can you believe someone would pay so much just for the novelty factor?
I was also surpised that nearly always the price for Labradoodles was more than the price for Standard Poodle puppies-and a couple of hundred pounds more too in most cases!

Anyone want a "Russian Shep-a-doodle?"! These were Russian Black terrier x Poodle x German Shepherd. They looked quite cute but strange combination of breeds.

I must stop looking on these sites!
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2011, 10:57 PM
lol. a fool and his money
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 11:00 PM
would hate to think of the temperament of a RBT x GSD x Poodle. Could be absolutely terrible.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Why do people not call parti colour black and white .lol
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 01:57 AM
how about a beardyapso??

mother was the bearded collie father the lhasa
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 06:15 AM
I saw some labrador cross poodles the other day for £1,300!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 07:59 AM
I can believe that this is what puts me off from buying them the amount of money people are willing to pay for an fad is rediculous even my cousins have themselves a jug!

(Jack Russel Pug cross)
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2012, 08:54 AM
I have plenty of customers (I'm a groomer) who pay that sort of money for poodle x whatever. The biggest money spinner seems to be the cocker x poodles. I can catagorically say that out of all the ones I do (which are many), there is not one that doesn't have either, eye, ear or skin trouble. Owners are very insistant that the 'breeders' are very knowledgeable and weren't 'in it for the money' Umm yeah, that is why they are fobbed off with a puppy that they have paid nearly £2,000!!!!!!! for, to be told by the breeder that their coat is 'low maintenance' no mention about needing to keep the ear hair under control, and no aftercare whatsoever. A lot have temprement problems and owners seem to think I can wave a magic want and get rid of the matted coat, but still 'leave it long'. They bring the dog in at 9 months old, ears stuffed to the rafters full of hair, (usually with an ear infection). Dog has been bathed oodles of time, but has NEVER been dried with the hair dryer (because it didn't like it). Never been brushed properly (because it doesn't like it) and will never stand still (because it doesn't like it), and bites the brush (because it's playing). But he/she is a very good dog and can roll over for a biscuit.......... And don't take it short will you? I can't possibly have it short as the dog will be embarrassed!!
Sorry went slightly off topic there, but is a massive bug of mine
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
I have plenty of customers (I'm a groomer) who pay that sort of money for poodle x whatever. The biggest money spinner seems to be the cocker x poodles. I can catagorically say that out of all the ones I do (which are many), there is not one that doesn't have either, eye, ear or skin trouble. Owners are very insistant that the 'breeders' are very knowledgeable and weren't 'in it for the money' Umm yeah, that is why they are fobbed off with a puppy that they have paid nearly £2,000!!!!!!! for, to be told by the breeder that their coat is 'low maintenance' no mention about needing to keep the ear hair under control, and no aftercare whatsoever. A lot have temprement problems and owners seem to think I can wave a magic want and get rid of the matted coat, but still 'leave it long'. They bring the dog in at 9 months old, ears stuffed to the rafters full of hair, (usually with an ear infection). Dog has been bathed oodles of time, but has NEVER been dried with the hair dryer (because it didn't like it). Never been brushed properly (because it doesn't like it) and will never stand still (because it doesn't like it), and bites the brush (because it's playing). But he/she is a very good dog and can roll over for a biscuit.......... And don't take it short will you? I can't possibly have it short as the dog will be embarrassed!!
Ha ha! That sounds like my salon too!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
lol. a fool and his money
Yes-that's what I thought!

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
would hate to think of the temperament of a RBT x GSD x Poodle. Could be absolutely terrible.
Yes0and probably HUGE!

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Why do people not call parti colour black and white .lol
mm-because it sounds more exciting/unusual?

Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
how about a beardyapso??

mother was the bearded collie father the lhasa
Seen 2 GSD x Apsos in our grooming parlour. Have to admit they were absolutely stunning. Sizr of a small GSD and beutifu coat of a Lhasa. I would never have guessed the combination though!

Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
I saw some labrador cross poodles the other day for £1,300!
Noooo!

Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I can believe that this is what puts me off from buying them the amount of money people are willing to pay for an fad is rediculous even my cousins have themselves a jug!

(Jack Russel Pug cross)
Yes-we saw one of these on the park, also a "Puggle" (Pug x Beagle).

Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
That is interesting, must admit I am really surprised at the Cocker spaniels being so difficult. The ones we have met have been much more to "type" than the Poodle x Labradors and seem very sweet. Perhaps that is till you brush them though!

I can empathise as now being the owner of a wavy-coated dog that will try and bite you if you have the temerity to brush her is not much fun! Izzy is 9 and her previous owners didn't bother to brush her much as she "didn't like it". They then rehomed her to someone who neglected to brush her at all or have her groomed for 6 months.
I have to muzzle her for my safety and confidence when I brush her but she is improving slightly! I could have all her hair cut short but we take the dogs to a training college where they do the dogs in breed trim which is how I like them to look as well so she will just have to get used to being brushed regularly I'm afraid. I do pop treats through the muzzle as I'm brushing her to make it a nicer experience for her and I make sure they know to muzzle her at the college too though they say she has been good for them (perhaps theya re being polite!).

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Ha ha! That sounds like my salon too!
Oh no-must be an occupational hazard! I hope people warn you that their dogs aren't good at personal hygiene as your fingers are your livelihood.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »