View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 02:29 PM
ok i wouldnt muzzle ty if it became law, there is no need for it however if i thought i owned a dog who was very unpredictable then i would muzzle in public, but that would be my choice just untill i felt i could fully trust the dog
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 05:06 PM
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Why would it be a good idea to have ALL dogs muzzled? It should only be ones which have done something to require a muzzle surely?

Isn't this a bit like saying everyone should have an ASBO until they can prove their a good citizen?

Sounds like a troublesome troll who said that on the other site - poking the tiger to get a reaction!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Well, since the Gvt has backed down from the Insurance proposal, I can`t see this one getting anywhere.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I hope not. It's crazy!! I totally disagree with having to muzzle dogs unless they are known to be dangerous. Also I don't agree with certain dog breeds being muzzled because of what they are. Any dog can be dangerous regardless of breed. I was savaged by a labrador when I was 7 and had 32 stitches in my face....and that's not classed as a dangerous breed! (Goodness only knows why I now have 5 dogs!!)
That guy's a barmpot!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Sounds like a troublesome troll who said that on the other site - poking the tiger to get a reaction!
he's an idiot with too much time on his hands
every time I start a thread he has a go at me
every forum has one I suppose
Shepherd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I think the ideas crazy.

There's plenty of ways they can be enforcing the law against people who aren't looking after their dogs properly, or have agressive dogs.

Just putting out a blanket law for any dog regardless will not change anything as bad dog owners will most likely not listen.

Then even if it makes it easier to prosecute them, the legal system won't give them a severe enough punishment and they'd easily be able to get another dog and start the cycle again.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7