View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh no I hope you can treat the syptoms, My thoughts are with you at this hard time. big hugs xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by loufoxyloxy View Post
not good news unfortunatly, the scan showed a mass on her small intestines which they think is a tumor, she also got small nodules on liver and spleen which could just be down to her age but could be from the lump on her intestines,
they basically gave 3 options - surgery which is not guarenteed or may not even be possible but wont no until they open her up to look
- just treating the symptoms she is showing
or the last one is to have her put to sleep - which i hope to avoid
Hi Louise sorry to hear the news, given the symptoms and the fact that Pyo was eliminated I have to say my heart sank at the prospect of what it could be .

What a difficult decision you have to face. In your position given that your girl is only 8 I would take my chance with the operation if at all possible xx .
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2008, 12:11 PM
I am so sorry. It is so hard to know what to do. It probably depends what the nodules are and if it has spread. Our GSD had an operation for spleen cancer which appeared to be successful, but she died the day she came home, and I always regret putting her through a painful op to lose the battle so soon. She was only 9, but you always want to give them a chance. I hope all goes well if you have the op, and that your girl is not in discomfort.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2008, 12:36 PM
So sorry you had such bad news for her. Some comforting hugs coming your way, and I hope you find the strength to make the right decision, whatever it may be, I wouldn't like to have to make them myself. So very sorry, it must be very hard for you at this time.xxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2008, 02:17 PM
So sorry to read this. Just want to send you a hug. All I can say is make the decision based on what the vet says..press them for their honest opinion, and what your heart says....but most importantly what your dog is saying to you.
Hugs. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
....but most importantly what your dog is saying to you.
Sorry to hear this horrid news, but what Ramble is saying above is correct - you will know when the time is right to make "that" decision.

Hugs to you xxx
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2008, 02:47 PM
well not good news, foxy was put to sleep this morning
we decided to give her a chance, so the vets did an exploritary op but the tumor was quite large and she also had the beginings of them on her liver and spleen, so she wasnt brought round from the op, it was kinder for her that way
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm so sorry You gave her the best chance possible. At least you know she is not in pain.

RUN FREE AT THE BRIDGE FOXY

Hugs to you also.

Linda
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 03:04 PM
So sorry to hear this, run free Foxy x
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 03:50 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, Like the others have said at least you gave her the the best chance and you knew how bad it was, No pain now.
RIP Foxy
xxxx

Big Hugs for you.
xxx
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >