Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 12:35 PM

.Plaque off

Has anyone used Plaque off? Did it do any good? Did you notice any other 'side effects'? I read somewhere that it can give the dog an energy boost.

Dale has lovely white teeth and I'd like to keep them like that so I ordered a tub, but of course he eats dry food and it comes as a powder so its just falling to the bottom of the bowl
Maybe I'll stuff a Kong and see if he'll eat it that way.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Sorry, I haven't used it, but would be interested to hear other peoples' thoughts..
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I have considered using it and would also be very interested in other peoples views.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Never used it. I have heard the bicarbonate of soda does a really good job of keeping teeth white as well.

Heidi
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I seem to remember some agility peeps talking about it ages ago and were saying it was really good. I did get some for Defa but he had an allergic reaction and chewed his skin raw during the night after I gave him the first, [ and only ], dose. It looks like it was the seaweed/kelp content which he reacted too
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2008, 01:31 PM
When we got Roxy, her teeth were manky and I knew that a scale and polish at the vet's was in order but we were to let her settle in before having anything done, which we did.

I bought a tub of Plaque-Off at Crufts last year and followed the recommend amount as stated on the tub. I brushed both dogs teeth regularly anyway but thought that this wouldn't do any harm. It didn't, there were no side effects at all as far as I was aware, no more or less energy than before. I didn't see any difference to Roxy's teeth at all, and I decided to use it on Molly as well as she has a slight bit of tartar on her back teeth. I know it's not meant to get rid of tartar but it is meant to stop the build up of plaque. I don't think it did at all and think it's a waste of money, from my experience.

Roxy has since been for a scale and polish and her teeth are now lovely. I'm using up the tub of Plaque-Off on both dogs though I still fail to see how a tiny wee half spoonful of it can make much difference to their teeth, even over a long period of time.

I think brushing their teeth and the ocassional chicken wing is far better at keeping their teeth and gums healthy.
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I have found a waste of money. Tried it for ages but all my dogs are in need of a good tooth clean....
Dentastix seem to be a reasonable answer, plus a toothbrush & doggie toothpaste.
Katia
ps on another dog forum the results were the same.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-05-2008, 07:53 AM
I have and do use it on my dogs....I have had good results.. some people swear by it , some dont.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Its beginning to sound like another of those things that work for some people and not others. Anyway I've bought it now and Dale's eating it with no bother so I'll carry on and see how it goes.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Keep us posted with your results.

Heidi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >