Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
it would have to be tinned, hector wouldnt touch dry.

bonnie will eat anything but she does have a maize allergy so wainwrights salmon& potato.

I use Wainrights Salmon and potato, as Talli picked at his skin when he was fed raw, the vet advised me to try him on a fish based food

the others won't go near it though and only have raw
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi Kirsty
Re: Skinners Duck and Rice, when resting Alfe 35kg has 2x 250gm meals, Zandi 42kg has 2x 200gm meals, when working esp Alfe when hes flushing game has his meals increased to approx 700gms split into 2 meals. Hope that Helps
Pam
workinggsd
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I would use Skinners,
Have had good results withit in the past,
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 09:57 AM
I would give Arden Grange purely because of the ingredient list.
steviesun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2008, 08:35 PM
It would have to be something wet because I can feed dry for a few days and then he refuses to eat it. But then I wouldn't want to feed something that didn't help look after his teeth as well because being so skinny I want to do my best to avoid GA for him. So I really really wouldn't want to change.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2008, 09:05 AM
You'd drag me kicking and screaming to the pet food store ; but if I REALLY had to it would be Burns or Arden Grange. Quality ingrediants, no where near as many additives and fillers as other dog foods (have you ever read the sides of some of those packs??! Scary ! ) and no cruel tests on other animals.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2008, 09:21 AM
gosh wouldn't have a clue!
I suppose two of them could go on ........ oh I don't know....probably.. erm.....Burns?? or maybe Naturediet (though that would have to be a treat as they'd need about 4 packs per meal each )

Would have a real problem with Maddie though no rice, wheat, red meat, lactose, maize, dairy, eggs...to name but a few, which is why we went raw meat/veg in the first place. I've even tried a couple of the above just to see if she really can't have them and believe me she can't Boy I would have to seriously shop around for her
No, even if I had to 'raise' the food myself, it will always be raw
kalima62
New Member!
Female 

17-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Well after 1 year of raw feeding my dogs and after having read so many books on raw feeding "Works Wonders "feed your dog raw meaty bones, written by the Australian veterinary surgeon Tom Lonsdale,
There isnt a commercial food just as nourishing ,complete and natural as raw, that in time, wouldn't seriously affect the dogs teeth and gums with Peridontal Desease ( very, very painful indeed) cause of so many other diseases as a conseguence to commercial food, tinned and kibble !!!
I wouldn't leave raw feeding what so ever, but if i'd have problems, i would ask advice on the Yahoo Groups or Raw feeding, As i have done in the past and have allways found an answer from seriouse people with years of experience.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2