Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 07:12 PM

**raw Feeders**

if for some reason you HAD to put your dog back onto a dry complete food, which food would you choose and why?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Mine were on tinned food before, but I guess if I had to go the kibble route, it would be a high quality one. I'd have to get guidance from other kibble feeders on here
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi Kirsty I raw fed for over 15yrs but had to go back to complete due to my dogs allergies, he is allergic to most meat protiens with white meat and fish being the worst. When I first put him on completes I used Burns Venison, but this made him constipated and wouldnt hold his weight, since November he has been on Skinners Field & Trial Duck and Rice and as done well on it. Its a good quality food, under £20 and VAT free as it is a working dog food.
Pam
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Probably JWB. Never a bad day with it when they sent me a breeders pack.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
Hi Kirsty I raw fed for over 15yrs but had to go back to complete due to my dogs allergies, he is allergic to most meat protiens with white meat and fish being the worst. When I first put him on completes I used Burns Venison, but this made him constipated and wouldnt hold his weight, since November he has been on Skinners Field & Trial Duck and Rice and as done well on it. Its a good quality food, under £20 and VAT free as it is a working dog food.
Pam
hi, i tried skinner duck and rice on my gsd for a while, but the feeding amounts seemed alot. how much do you have to feed your gsd
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I will weigh it out tomorrow morn they have been fed tonight, remember the amounts stated on the bag relate to a dog working throughout the shooting season, flushing and retrieving game up on the moors, so need high energy. I know I dont feed no where near the amount it states.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:11 PM
If I had to come off of raw then I would prob be more likely to go for a good quality tinned (and learn how to brush teeth) because I believe it is better than kibble
I did feed JWB with no problems except Ben wouldnt eat it
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I used to feed complete, If I had to go back it would probably be Autarky, never had a problem with it, its natural and its not too expensive - about £18 for 15kg.
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-04-2008, 09:49 AM
I don't know. My breeder uses Burns, which places Burns high on the list. Its what I would use when travelling.
I certainly would not worry about price.
I use Frolic as a treat during training, so I know she loves it, but I have yet to read anything good about it.
I would'nt worry about the age spesific stuff because it is nonsense.

Nav
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 06:59 PM
it would have to be tinned, hector wouldnt touch dry.

bonnie will eat anything but she does have a maize allergy so wainwrights salmon& potato.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >