View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
blueyblue
New Member!
Male 

16-01-2010, 11:30 AM
hi there azz evry 1 as a diffrent point a veiw at pitbulls bcuz of what they here of them but the 1s u hear of there iver stray 1s or the owner as brought them up 2 be nasty like my self i av a blue staff x pit but he beginnin 2 be a lovely familey dog he is 15 weeks
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by blueyblue View Post
hi there azz evry 1 as a diffrent point a veiw at pitbulls bcuz of what they here of them but the 1s u hear of there iver stray 1s or the owner as brought them up 2 be nasty like my self i av a blue staff x pit but he beginnin 2 be a lovely familey dog he is 15 weeks
I have absolutely no idea what your post says, can you repost without using abbreviations and text talk.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 12:05 PM
hmmm..... quote from blueyblue
ive just got a beast of a pup good guard dog wen its older mate
eta...i have no problem with pit/bully types

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I have absolutely no idea what your post says, can you repost without using abbreviations and text talk.
twas a tad hard to understand!! maybe living in london helped me to translate!!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 12:29 PM
hi, I am sure your wee dog is lovely, however I wouldnt be advertising the fact that your dog is part pitbull if in fact it is, many are bred saying they are pit but its usually not a pit) anyway its a sure fire way of getting your dog seized under the DDA act, it is still illegal to own a pitbull in this country and/or a dog of pitbull type so to advertise the fact that your dog is part pit is just asking for trouble.

Enjoy your dog for what he is, a lovely family dog if brought up correctly and dont advertise the fact that he is part pit.

I am interested if you were aware that they are illegal and if you knew that before you got him?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 01:00 PM
What - even on the steroids and body-building supplement?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 01:20 PM
if i was you, i would seriously stop telling people he is part APBT. he could easily be seized and PTS, your pup looks like an APBT so if i was you, i would be extremely worried. and i am, for your poor pup.

and did i read that right, you want to bring your pup up to be nasty?? i hope i am wrong in that, but after reading your previous comments about him, and the fact you give him steroids, i wouldnt be at all surprised!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Where I stand on APBT's is that they can be the lovely dogs in the right homes, but we now adays we would probally never see a APBT in the uk, just pit types, which can still be lovely dogs, in the right home, which is just like any dog really, they just need a owner who understands and them, and doesn't hide from what they were bred for, which is DA, and the majority in the fighting ring would not be allowed to bite a person, if they were they would be disposed off, which is really sad, a few got through that did bite people though, but I would say that a bully breed would normally be one of the most friendly types of dogs to people around. And I will be honest, and say that if everything in the uk changed, I would go out and get a Pit bull, I'm a distant admirer to them.

And do I think that PB's are dangerous, no more so then any other type of dog, and also what do people mean when they are saying that a dog is dangerous, is it a dog that has the intent to harm, or is it a dog that has the power to harm? because I would class it as the first, and to me I see many dangerous dogs, but they don't always have the power to do any real damage, so they are allowed to get away with it, I also see many powerful dogs, but most of these just want a cuddle and a play.

How we percieve dangerous is in the eye of each person, and a dog has more of a chance of being 'dangerous' if it was brought up and not properly socailised, and not given the things that most pets are given without their owners even thinking about it, things like the basic needs of food, water, shelter, and excercise, and then if a dog is not given enough of these and it bites someone around food, or in barrier fustration because they come into their garden or the dog just escapes and is over welmed with everything whose fault is that really? I know who I would blame.

There are also people breeding aggression into certain lines and breeds, maybe not intentionally, but maybe they are, just like certain traits can be bred into dogs, I believe that so can things like aggression if the dam and sire are not of good temperment, which is why everyone knows everywhere that you should look at the temperment of the dam and sire before you take a puppy, but in the uk people who breed pit types have gone underground, they are not selecting animals that have a good temperment, they are there to make money, they know what sells, and unfornatly we know what the majority of people do buy these dogs for.

So no, I don't believe that Pit bulls are dangerous, but I know that people are, and instead of realising that many reflect the blame onto the dog.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
if i was you, i would seriously stop telling people he is part APBT. he could easily be seized and PTS, your pup looks like an APBT so if i was you, i would be extremely worried. and i am, for your poor pup.

and did i read that right, you want to bring your pup up to be nasty?? i hope i am wrong in that, but after reading your previous comments about him, and the fact you give him steroids, i wouldnt be at all surprised!
Tis "cool" to have a pit LB, didnt you know?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 02:47 PM
BlueyBlue why get a dog if your bringing it up to be nasty, thats ridiculous, and people like that is what got PB's banned in the first place, and I read on your thread that you are giving your dog muscle milk, WTF is that all about, do you not like your dog? Have you got little man syndrome or something, let your dog be a puppy, a healthy friendly puppy, and let it grow at its own natural pace, and then if you want it to look muscular give it plenty of excercise when it is fully grown, it will also do you good to get out of the house, and work up things naturally, like every other dog on here. IMHO a dog lover would never give their dog something like that.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
What - even on the steroids and body-building supplement?
well said.

i see our resident pittbull enthusiast is back again
Page 53 of 132 « First < 3 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 103 > Last »