Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:20 PM

*Urgent* Puppy eaten something

I have just got out of the shower to find that Baku has eaten my dumpling mix, what do I do?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-09-2006, 05:25 PM
First don't panic you will scare Bacu,
It is I guess only flour/suet/ water and should do no harm if you are worried ring the vet for advice.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
First don't panic you will scare Bacu,
It is I guess only flour/suet/ water and should do no harm if you are worried ring the vet for advice.
Thanks Mini, I really dont want to ring my vet unless neccessary because they will tell me to take him there (they always do ) then charge me for an out of hours appointment He seems normal but obviously suet and flour swell and I dont want him to pop
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Its very likely the vet will talk you through how to make him bring it up first and would probably only suggest taking him in if that doesnt work AND if the vet feels whats been eaten may be harmful - give that a try first hun, nothing to lose in phoning for advice while its so soon since ingestion - you can ring any vet in the book incidentally, if you feel yours will tell you to go in for less than ethical reasons - keep us posted ?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't panic Zuba - I reckon pups have eaten worse. If it doesn't agree with him he will probably bring it back up soon anyway.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Oh dear, don't panic just keep your beady eyes open Donna and see how things go. Ring the vet if things change and you get really worried. Hopefully it will either go through or come up. Good luck xx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:38 PM
aww hope your pup will be alright
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Called the vet, because I read the ingredients and saw whey powder which is something sibes are intolerent to, she said to keep an eye but thinks he will have a very sore tummy and back passage and he may also be sick, no food for 24hours and he should be fine bloody poor mite gave me a heart attack, I thought he might pop, he jumped a mile when I caught him, I didn't mean to shout but have made it up by giving him a cuddle and kisses. I doubt he will learn his lesson even after having a bad tum God knows how he got it down from the side

Thank you all for having such quick responses, I could have put it in Zuki's bowl and she wouldn't touch it, Baku is a walking hoover

*Relieved mummy*
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Called the vet, because I read the ingredients and saw whey powder which is something sibes are intolerent to, she said to keep an eye but thinks he will have a very sore tummy and back passage and he may also be sick, no food for 24hours and he should be fine bloody poor mite gave me a heart attack, I thought he might pop, he jumped a mile when I caught him, I didn't mean to shout but have made it up by giving him a cuddle and kisses. I doubt he will learn his lesson even after having a bad tum God knows how he got it down from the side

Thank you all for having such quick responses, I could have put it in Zuki's bowl and she wouldn't touch it, Baku is a walking hoover

*Relieved mummy*
Glad your mind's been put at rest Donna Cassie swallowed a pound coin a couple of weeks after she had been spayed and all I could think was that she was going to have to be operated on a second time so soon after being spayed. She kept that pound coin down for over a week and one Sunday morning we found it on the kitchen floor. It had come up instead of going out the other way How she managed that I'll still never know. I was beside myself
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:36 PM
So glad your mind has been put at rest
Dogs eh, who`d `ave `em
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >