Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
Me taking the mickey out of bongo Never!

Thanks for your post duboing, that makes sense. Is there anything else I can give her to help boost calcium, i.e Milk or calcium pills?

Its just that im a bit stupid when It comes to bones, plus we dont have a butchers nearby. And egg shells sounds nasty?? And i would have no idea what yougurt to buy?

Cheers
Don't lose too much sleep over it, she probably won't complain if you don't give her any of it, but I would choose to give them low-fat plain yoghurt rather than milk. I know some dogs have a problem with lactose, but with yoghurt, most of the lactose has been metabolised into other things by those friendly bacteria! Just get a big tub of it and give her a tablespoonful or two on her food once a day - hedgehogs love it
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi DobieGirl

Don't worry... it's perfectly normal for a teething pup's ears to be all over the place

This is what Ziggy's ear did all the way through teething

Don't laugh at her too much
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I was lucky with teagan - teething didn't affect her ears.

But with Bullmastiffs (and other breeds i'm sure), if their ears 'fly', people tape them, to give the 'desired' look.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Hi Foxy - In America people tape up dobies ears in a head harness for a while so there ears stand up. Either after having them clipped or, i read on one site, not having them clipped and taped up will give a simular effect.

ooee - that is so cute I think your right, they will probably sort themselves out, just got a bit worried
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Roxy has very high set ears, they will probably drop a little if she is teething, then remain so. They sometimes "fly" too when teething, look like handle bars! Some Dobes ears do stay high though, nowt wrong with that.

Reposting is putting a plastic post in the ear of a cropped Dobe, to make it stand up, sometimes they go a bit soft and this stays in place untill the ears are firm and in position.
Dawn.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Its normal ..don't worry Roxy is developing the typical dobe impersination ...........a fruit bat

Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Natalie,

If you really want to give her some extra supplement we gave Takara Stress Powder (as recommended by her breeder) on her food while she was growing and teething.

You don't need much at all (we didn't want to speed her bone growth up so were careful) but it just has that little bit of added calcium.

We never noticed anything to do with her ears going funny but perhaps this is because she was taking the Stress Powder and bones regularly anyway!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2006, 10:38 PM
look at the state of Rio's ears

DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Murphy - Your dobe is very handsome! Prepare for take off!

trouble21 - I think Rio's ears are beautiful

Borderdawn & Lottie - Thanks for putting my mind at ease. wasn't really sure as like i said, never noticed it this obviously before. Well im sure she'll live - If she stops eating rotting food and being attacked by jack Russells
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2