Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 01:18 PM

1 Floppy ear? Is this right?

Hello Guys, I have noticed recently that one of Roxys ears has dropped

Is this meant to happen? they used to be so high and over her eyes now only 1 ear does this. I cant see anything wrong with the ear at all, maybe she is just at an age where they are starting to drop? i dont know?

Please dont all laugh at me at once , just wanted to know, Never seen it on any of our other dogs this noticably before?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Isn't there something about their ears going a bit floppy when they are teething or have I dreamt that
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 01:27 PM
I thought you were taking the mickey out of my puppy again - she has very wonky ears!

Is Roxy teething? Now I come to think of it, you mentioned that she is. The story is that during teething, the calcium needed to develop the new growth is deflected from going to other parts of the body, including the cartilage in their ears. So yeah, it's probably just that, and I expect they'll go back to normal afterwards, but you could give her a bit of extra calcium in the meantime (bones, egg shells and yoghurt.)

Now back to Bongo's wonky ears - when is that second one going to sit forward? Is she going to be wonky all her life?
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Me taking the mickey out of bongo Never!

Thanks for your post duboing, that makes sense. Is there anything else I can give her to help boost calcium, i.e Milk or calcium pills?

Its just that im a bit stupid when It comes to bones, plus we dont have a butchers nearby. And egg shells sounds nasty?? And i would have no idea what yougurt to buy?

Cheers
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Yes I think thats what it might be cos I just found this on the net

Sorry I forgot to say that some times with Dobermans are teething that their ears can fall. Watch for this. You may have to repost them during the teething time.

It was from somebody who had 4 Dobermans
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 01:33 PM
repost them? was this from an american website Fox?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
repost them? was this from an american website Fox?
I haven't a clue Dobie it just came up in a search engine search Why what does repost them mean?
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

04-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I am guessing that Roxy is a dobe, in which case be prepared for all sorts of funny things to happen to her ears whilst she's teething, they 'drop' , fold back and in some cases even go erect, Just try gentle massage to keep it in the right place - Kath
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

04-07-2006, 01:40 PM
The reposting of dobes ears I surmise is from an American book, When Dobes have their ears cropped thay are bandaged up to a 'frame' i.e. post, so that they grow 'Prick-eared', so reposting would be putting the frame back on. Kath
Paul G.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-07-2006, 01:54 PM
My dog has always been like that, I think it makes her look rather cute. I don't think you need to worry, maybe the other one will drop to match.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >